By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Switch) Cloud Version footage

JRPGfan said:
Cobretti2 said:
fuck people act like they never played multiplayer on dialup lol.

500-700ms lag was common. It worked ok then. 50ms-100ms lag for streaming a game is nothing, especially single player experience

In a turn based RPG..... hell even 500 ms input lag would be fine :p
Most single player experiances are doable with 100ms lag.

Id say something like Mario Platforming is alot harder with input lag, and why alot of people prefer the orginal hardware to play older mario games.

i used to play unreal tournament online with 600ms lag. Had to predict where the opponent was heading based on their path lol

Around the Network

looks great, but never interested in streaming, for 1 data caps are trash and hinder the market. 2, data caps.

LiquorandGunFun said:
looks great, but never interested in streaming, for 1 data caps are trash and hinder the market. 2, data caps.

Well the size of modern games is already a problem for data caps.

So it really depends on how much you're playing, but I'm guessing this video is heavily compressed like YouTube. So it shouldn't kill your data cap assuming you get atleast 1TB a month.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

So it really depends on how much you're playing, but I'm guessing this video is heavily compressed like YouTube. So it shouldn't kill your data cap assuming you get atleast 1TB a month.

if i just used it for gaming yeah, but even with 1 TB a month cap, im at or over monthly, room mates stream all the time with netflix, hulu, etc, it doesnt take long, then top it off with crazy game updates of 10-20 gigs at times, then like RDR2 needing 105 gigs update right off the bat at the end of the month. its just not something I want to add to the already data taxed to death internet. granted its so much faster than it was a few years ago, the caps haven't helped at all. plus i have a ps4, xb1x, pc, and switch, there be alotta data usage just with me. downloading FH4 2 times was over 120 gigs... pc and xbox.

LiquorandGunFun said:
Mr Puggsly said:

if i just used it for gaming yeah, but even with 1 TB a month cap, im at or over monthly, room mates stream all the time with netflix, hulu, etc, it doesnt take long, then top it off with crazy game updates of 10-20 gigs at times, then like RDR2 needing 105 gigs update right off the bat at the end of the month. its just not something I want to add to the already data taxed to death internet. granted its so much faster than it was a few years ago, the caps haven't helped at all. plus i have a ps4, xb1x, pc, and switch, there be alotta data usage just with me. downloading FH4 2 times was over 120 gigs... pc and xbox.

Well you're giving me your anecdotal scenario. Somebody that owns a powerful gaming PC, X1, or PS4 is likely gonna play Assassin's Creed on those platforms.

However, somebody who just owns or primarily plays Switch might want access to these types of games via streaming.

Personally, I would rather play Wolfenstein 2 on Switch via streaming than what the console can actually do. With streaming Wolfenstein 2 could have the highest graphics settings, 60 fps, and 720p or higher. While the port for the actual hardware is... well its less impressive. The biggest caveats being you need access to a good internet connection and some input lag. I'm a fan of cloud gaming as an option.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Wonder if it's less buggy than the PS4-version was