By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Presidential Alert?

Wow. Wth is going on in here?

Around the Network

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Look, there are many... MANY reasons to hate or bash Trump... I fail to see how this is one of them.

spurgeonryan said:
COKTOE said:

Fuck if I know. I'm in Canada drinking maple syrup straight out of the bottle.

You know how much work it takes just to make one bottle! I forget, but it is a lot.

Oh, and Rol has taken uo Yojohns mantle of having superstar female avatars?

Some idea. I haven't seen the process in ages.

But the real question is: Do you think jason1367 could survive a nuclear attack?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

outlawauron said:
CaptainExplosion said:

If it was a test to see if America really is land of the free, then the test has just been failed miserably.

I'm not really a proponent of the mass notification, but how do you live in a world with so much hyperbole.

Isn't it par for the course for a country that screams communism at the slightest sign of social benefits?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
Mr Puggsly said:

A national text is where the government has gone too far?

Not the wealth redistribution and endless regulations?

I think there's a limit where economic liberalism ends and corporativism begins, don't you?

One merely has to look at Trump's environmental policies. Claiming there is a war on coal and in turn slapping a 30% tariff on solar panels, for instance. If that wasn't a huge red flag  already, look at how he removed regulation for hazardous chemicals on air and water. Who would even benefit from that? Even if, I don't know, there was the benefit of some 0.1% of extra jobs created at certain companies due to it, do you agree with it?

Besides, I belive, given your political inclinations, you would agree merit is a large part of the capitalist free market. However, a lot of inequality actually comes from inheritance (which effectively given unearned wealth to random people much like lottery) and those who merely manipulate money, not from the worker or the entepreneur. And it has been shown the economy can, and often is, negatively impacted by speculation and wealth concentration.

The solar panel tarriff is just that, a tariff. Buy American. Anywho, dems always argue they wanna pay higher taxes. Do it via a tariff.

The enviormental thing is a much broader argument and our environment has been getting cleaner before we got really nutty and political about it. There are reasonable policies, but some are a waste of time and resources. Unintended consequens, etc.

Most wealth actually comes from hard working people that didnt necessarily have much. Saying people have unearned wealth is more like bitterness about coming from nothing.

In the US, most people can aquire wealth buy focusing on education, not having kids at a young age, and simply not making terrible decisions along the way. Wealth redistribution has done more to encourage people to make poor life choices and expect some government handouts. Now thats not everybody who benefits from these programs, but many. Its funny, if you create an econcomy that encourages job growth, pull back government handouts, it seems to lower unemployment. Geez, I wonder why?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

CaptainExplosion said:
outlawauron said:

I'm not really a proponent of the mass notification, but how do you live in a world with so much hyperbole.

I just know an unfit president when I see one, and I've seen one since 2016.

I’ve seen unfit presidents since 1992. Clinton, Bush, Obama, now trump. 

jason1637 said:
Raven said:

You realize you're complaining about a system that assigns you a social security number and birth certificate the moment you're born, right? This shouldn't be a huge shock.

Yeah but my birth certificate or social security doesn't have my phone number.

Edit: Just saw irstupid post that says its from a tower and not to my number. But still it's probably a breach of human rights to send texts without giving my consent.

How come the internet doesn't blow up like this when Flood Warning messages get sent to your phone during a heavy rainstorm?  Or when the exact same emergency has been broadcasted on everyone's television sets for decades?  Do you also worry that the government has the serial # of your television set and a secret built in transmitter so that President Trump can personally imbed subliminal messages of compliance into the daily broadcasts sent specifically to your TV?

sc94597 said:
I have two phone lines from the same company (Sprint) and one phone got it, the other didn't lol. Weird.

That means you have a 50/50 shot of surviving the coming Rapture that the government has decided who is fit to carry on society after the Culling that they are surely planning.  I'd care both phones with you at all times from now on.

vivster said:
outlawauron said:

Isn't it par for the course for a country that screams communism at the slightest sign of social benefits?

Dude lives in Canada. Not the US.

Even then, the US spends the vast majority of its budget on social benefits. People have drawn lines in what is easy to swallow and what is not.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.