By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Presidential Alert?

I think I love this thread.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Obama was unfit?

I was talking about Trump.

Trump was not President in 2016. He started his presidency in 2017. 

jason1637 said:

I was just on the train minding my business listening to music and my phone made a noise and I got a presidential alert text. Has this happened to anyone else and why is it happening? 

I actually didn't get it. Was waiting for it, cause about and hour before it got sent out someone said it was going to happen.

I did get a text the other day from a number I didn't know saying

"This is Pres. Trump. Thursday I hope to see you at my rally in Rochester, MN at 6:30 PM CST. Get your free tickets here: Hyperlink."

That did make me laugh. My dad got it, my brother said he didn't. Lot's of people at work said they got the alert today, I didn't.

jason1637 said:
COKTOE said:

I would add that you shouldn't opt out. It's not going to be something that happens very often, and it serves a valuable purpose.

I don't want the government texting me and having my number. If there's an emergency I'll figure it out myself.  I blocked the thing I got the text from. Hopefully it works.

They still have your information and your number... all you did is block them from being able to alert you in an emergency situation.

Ok I see a few people in here getting a little riled up. Personal attacks or mocking another stops here. Please refrain from this behavior here on out. Do not want to have to start dishing out further warnings.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Raven said:
jason1637 said:

I don't want the government texting me and having my number. If there's an emergency I'll figure it out myself.  I blocked the thing I got the text from. Hopefully it works.

They still have your information and your number... all you did is block them from being able to alert you in an emergency situation.

Seriously? Wtf that's fucked uo. I never gave them this info so they shouldn't have it.

jason1637 said:
Raven said:

Seriously? Wtf that's fucked uo. I never gave them this info so they shouldn't have it.

You realize you're complaining about a system that assigns you a social security number and birth certificate the moment you're born, right? This shouldn't be a huge shock.

jason1637 said:
COKTOE said:

I would add that you shouldn't opt out. It's not going to be something that happens very often, and it serves a valuable purpose.

I think you're fine and getting these alerts is nothing to concern yourself with. the-pi-guy explained how it works. I appreciate the paranoia though. No sarcasm.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

jason1637 said:
Raven said:

They don' have your number.

It's the same as when an Amber alert goes out. It's just sending out an alert to any phone connected to the Tower they send the alert to.

Think of it more like broadcasting on a frequency on a walky talky. It was sent out to whoever was dialed into that frequency. In this case, whoevers phone was connected to that tower at the moment.

I teach government and have known this was coming for a while. In case of national emergency (Like North Korea going crazy), this is for our safety.