By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Astro Bot: Rescue mission, a sleeper hit?

Very happy and excited it gets so much praise. Definitely seems to deliver on its potential. Can’t wait to play it.

KBG29 said:

PSVR has a better line-up this holiday than the PS4, with Firewall Zero Hour, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Deracine, and Blood &Truth, just to name a few.

But of an exaggeration considering how many great games still are and already were coming out this year. Blood & Truth isn’t a holiday release btw. I don’t think it’s close to release at all, as far as I know. Still some great games coming up. This year is crazy.

Around the Network

For some reason, this thread lacks a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrpfDOn64xc

Looks cartoony and colorful so right up my alley! Hopefully it does well.

KLAMarine said:

For some reason, this thread lacks a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrpfDOn64xc

Just a full new IP first party platformer is exciting for me already. The prospect of it being in VR, with all benefits and expanding on the great demo sounds like a dream come true.

Can't wait to jump into this in a few days.

KLAMarine said:

Thanks for the video :P

Around the Network
think-man said:
KBG29 said:
Nothing sleeper about this, it has been one of the most anticipated games in the VR community since the Robots Rescue level in PlayRoom VR. The VR community has been buzzing about it ever since it was announced.

PSVR has a better line-up this holiday than the PS4, with Firewall Zero Hour, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Deracine, and Blood &Truth, just to name a few.

That's good that the VR community is talking about it. I just haven't seen much about it on here. I hope it's a success release in the sales department. I can see it being a great bundle title aswell. 

Already done: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/05/introducing-two-new-ps-vr-bundles-with-two-games-each/

Astro Bot Rescue Mission + Moss is an awesome bundle for people picking up PSVR this holiday.

Superhot + Creed is great as well, but be ready to get your heart rate up, and get drenched playing these two titles. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

think-man said: 

Anyone planning on picking this up? Unfortunately I don't have a VR system so I'll have to pass at the moment. 

I heard about it a few days ago, apparently it was good, so I ordered it. Kids knew more about it than I did.

Turning up Wednesday, so I guess I'll find out then :D

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
think-man said: 

Anyone planning on picking this up? Unfortunately I don't have a VR system so I'll have to pass at the moment. 

I heard about it a few days ago, apparently it was good, so I ordered it. Kids knew more about it than I did.

Turning up Wednesday, so I guess I'll find out then :D

Well, you can try the prototype stage (called Robot Rescue) in the free "Playroom VR" mini-game collection. They made Astro Bot because they got so much positive feedback for that one.

If it was playable without the VR head set, maybe. But I'm not find of third person VR games. Don't really consider that VR.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
If it was playable without the VR head set, maybe. But I'm not find of third person VR games. Don't really consider that VR.

Do you even own a headset or have tried games like Moss yourself? I feel this sounds like something only someone would say who hasn’t tried it yet.