By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Astro Bot: Rescue mission, a sleeper hit?

Been reading over the reviews on this game, and it's getting alot of praise. 

Some of the quotes from reviewers:

IGN Japan: "Super Mario 64 showed us the possibilities of 3D platform gaming more than 20 years ago. Now, Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is finally here to do the same for VR." - 10/10

Attack on Fanboy: "Astro Bot Rescue Mission is a delightful PSVR platforming adventure. It's easily one of the best VR platformers out there, and is an excellent addition to any PSVR library."  9/10

Road to VR: "A superb game; the promising result of tasking a group of clearly talented game designers and developers with building a game around a brand new medium like VR. The game expertly executes every idea it brings to the table. There's charm throughout, derived from excellent animation, art direction, FX and SFX, right down to the interactive credits sequence."

The game is currently sitting on 90/100 on Metacritic after 15 reviews.

Anyone planning on picking this up? Unfortunately I don't have a VR system so I'll have to pass at the moment. 

Last edited by think-man - on 03 October 2018

Around the Network

Oh god for a minute I thought Astro Bot was the ad bot from the Game Awards ... confused him with "Hydro Bot" haha

@Kyuu brought this game to my attention a few days ago. It looks pretty neat. Still don't have PSVR, even though I have about 5 games for it. It'll be another one to get.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
@Kyuu brought this game to my attention a few days ago. It looks pretty neat. Still don't have PSVR, even though I have about 5 games for it. It'll be another one to get.

I'll definitely pick this up when i finally buy a VR headset. 

Looks great. I will probably pick it up when I finish Moss and RE7

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Nothing sleeper about this, it has been one of the most anticipated games in the VR community since the Robots Rescue level in PlayRoom VR. The VR community has been buzzing about it ever since it was announced.

PSVR has a better line-up this holiday than the PS4, with Firewall Zero Hour, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Deracine, and Blood &Truth, just to name a few.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

PSVR has been on fire lately, its like the PS3 I think at first they had some trouble figuring it all out, but once they did my word its been upped to the 10th degree.  Keep it going this is definitely the future of gaming,

KBG29 said:
Nothing sleeper about this, it has been one of the most anticipated games in the VR community since the Robots Rescue level in PlayRoom VR. The VR community has been buzzing about it ever since it was announced.

PSVR has a better line-up this holiday than the PS4, with Firewall Zero Hour, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Deracine, and Blood &Truth, just to name a few.

That's good that the VR community is talking about it. I just haven't seen much about it on here. I hope it's a success release in the sales department. I can see it being a great bundle title aswell. 

seems this game is really great, happy for japan studio delivering such a good game

Wow. It certainly looks extremely interesting.