By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Astro Bot: Rescue mission, a sleeper hit?

I'd definitely play non vr version of it, if they ever released one.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
If it was playable without the VR head set, maybe. But I'm not find of third person VR games. Don't really consider that VR.

Do you even own a headset or have tried games like Moss yourself? I feel this sounds like something only someone would say who hasn’t tried it yet.

Yup I've had PSVR since it released, sold it, rebought after PSX when it dropped in price. Played MOSS at PSX, didnt like it, third person VR isn't VR to me. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I'll pick it up. I saw it on the store last week, wondered if it was a full game of that excellent demo. Sure buy. Same with Star child and Tetris effect.

Kyuu said:
KBG29 said:
Nothing sleeper about this, it has been one of the most anticipated games in the VR community since the Robots Rescue level in PlayRoom VR. The VR community has been buzzing about it ever since it was announced.

PSVR has a better line-up this holiday than the PS4, with Firewall Zero Hour, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Deracine, and Blood &Truth, just to name a few.

Hype surrounding this game has almost been non-existent outside the few excited The Playroom fans. View counts on Youtube were painfully low, among the lowest on the official Playstation channel despite the game's evident uniqueness. Discussion threads on Resetera didn't exceed a single page; the game doesn't even have a Wikipedia page ffs. A sleeper VR hit has to exceed at least a million imo, which aint gonna be easy.

OT:

It's landing where I was expecting it to (high 80s) but after watching me some new gameplay videos, this rather feels like a 94% game! It's smooth,  gorgeous looking, extremely diverse and innovative, for only $39 at that. I know I'll have to play it myself to confirm my suspicions but.. the trend of under-rating Japan Studio's games seems to persist..

Have any PS VR titles sold at least 1 million? or any VR titles in general?

Edit: I will make a Wiki page for it later today :P

think-man said:
Kyuu said:

Hype surrounding this game has almost been non-existent outside the few excited The Playroom fans. View counts on Youtube were painfully low, among the lowest on the official Playstation channel despite the game's evident uniqueness. Discussion threads on Resetera didn't exceed a single page; the game doesn't even have a Wikipedia page ffs. A sleeper VR hit has to exceed at least a million imo, which aint gonna be easy.

OT:

It's landing where I was expecting it to (high 80s) but after watching me some new gameplay videos, this rather feels like a 94% game! It's smooth,  gorgeous looking, extremely diverse and innovative, for only $39 at that. I know I'll have to play it myself to confirm my suspicions but.. the trend of under-rating Japan Studio's games seems to persist..

Have any PS VR titles sold at least 1 million? or any VR titles in general?

Edit: I will make a Wiki page for it later today :P

Highly unlikely with only 3.something Million headsets out there. Many normal console games don’t even reach that number.

Around the Network

89 on metacritic with 13 reviews and a 9.7 user score. It does seem not just a sleeper hit but a must have and VR game of the year.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

BraLoD said:
VR compatible or VR only?

VR only.

I can't believe such a gem gets overlooked by so many publications...sometimes I really hate the media's wilful ignorance on VR.

John2290 said:
That user score thpugh, it was 9.8 on 33 reviews for a while. 9.2 on 37 now. But wait.. plot twist, the game isn't out yet.

afaik it's already playable in NA and Jpn

John2290 said:
I like darkStations review "It's PSVR's killer app and no one can shit on it." Very blunt.

pretty sure it actually says ".. and there is no reason to sit on this."

Last edited by Lafiel - on 02 October 2018

John2290 said:
That user score thpugh, it was 9.8 on 33 reviews for a while. 9.2 on 37 now. But wait.. plot twist, the game isn't out yet.

I have been playing it with my kids all afternoon (PA day on a Tuesday ugh!)

It's great, it's awesome. The only minor annoyance is that you can't move the camera back. Easily 9/10 game.

You can't play it without VR since the game hides things behind scenery so you are constantly looking around, up, down, lean in to look behind things etc.