By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What type of videos games do you not like?

John2290 said:
It's like saying what type of woman do you not like. Nonsense.

Blondes, not a fan

Around the Network

Less so genres, more so design choices for me, to name a few.

Games that feel the need to dictate at which speed should I be moving for the sake of being cinematic, in general taking away the control from me is a good way to make me not care about a game anymore. During a cutscene, make my character crawl, jump around, whatever, but during gameplay let me be.

Also the speed of game flow, menus and gameplay, I like that being fast, for example RPGs, turn based, I love when the turns are fast and to the point, like mainline SMT and not a crawl of boredom like a Xenosaga.

I like how everyone is making EA games a genre. That's hilarious. They can make good games its just incredibly rare now. I mean the last one I liked was Boom Blox on the Wii 10 years ago.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Flilix said:

Shooters, RPG's, sports games, racing games, fighting games, online games, open world games, cinematic games, games with too much story and dialogue...

Is there anything you DO like?

Yes:

Flilix said:

Unless they're made by Nintendo.

I dislike sports games, that includes fantasy sports like Rocket League. Even VR can't get me into sports games. (However I'm addicted to GT Sport)

No love for fighting games either. I play most beat um ups like spider man and god of war on easy. I tolerate the fighting as long as I don't die and have to do it again.

Permadeath games. I cheated on FTL, can't stand Spelunky. I probably still have ptsd from trying to understand Rogue in '82 before I even knew English. How was I supposed to know what letters were good and which ones were bad. Back to the start.

Around the Network

Almost all games are "okay" to me.

But the lowest on the totem pole are Sports games, "Casual" games, Extreme violence or Horror games, Dialogue walking simulator games, and indie games.

Probably sports games. The ones I kinda liked were the street ones like Fifa Street or NBA Street but they don't make them anymore.

I dislike Fighting games, MMO's, and most other online only games.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Genres I don't like:  

Bethesda RPGs - somehow they messed up my favorite genre.  That takes talent.

Genres I really, really like:

RPGs - my favorite genre overall except the Bethesda ones
Turn Based Strategy
Tactical Games - RPG or not
Open World Action
2D Beatem Up
2D platformers
Arcade Racers
Light Gun
Rhythm - especially if they have instruments
Tower Defense
Arcade puzzle - e.g. Tetris, Katamari, etc...

Exchange Open World Action with Management Sims and GodGames and we'll have a perfect match here

Bofferbrauer2 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Genres I don't like:  

Bethesda RPGs - somehow they messed up my favorite genre.  That takes talent.

Genres I really, really like:

RPGs - my favorite genre overall except the Bethesda ones
Turn Based Strategy
Tactical Games - RPG or not
Open World Action
2D Beatem Up
2D platformers
Arcade Racers
Light Gun
Rhythm - especially if they have instruments
Tower Defense
Arcade puzzle - e.g. Tetris, Katamari, etc...

Exchange Open World Action with Management Sims and GodGames and we'll have a perfect match here

I really like those types too.  I was counting 4X and GodGames in general as Turn Based Strategy.  Also there are several Management Sims I really like, Roller Coaster Tycoon being my favorite.  You have excellent taste sir!