Next year will be a good year for ps4. What a way to end a gen:

TLOU2
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding
MediEvil
Dreams
Days Gone
Shenmue 3

If Sony does reveal the PS5 late 2019, that will mean we will get a next gen sequel possibly at launch for the following:

Horizon
Gran Turismo

With PS5 versions of :
Cyberpunk 2077
Red Dead
TLOU2
Dreams
Death Stranding

I'm really hoping they bring back some old IPs with the next gen. A new Getaway would be amazing along with a new LBK.

Around the Network

Kinda bummed they are not going to do a PSX this year.
I think they will have an announcement on VGA could be from their Japan studios.

I am thinking of some possibilities.
1. There will be a Playstation meeting early next year (PS5) then announcing the possible launch title for it.
2. I remember last year that they don't want to announce the game far too early now. They will focus on the current line-up that's announce.
Days gone, Dreams, Death Stranding, TLOU2, GOT and their VR titles. They don't want to announce another big games that will take the hype from Days gone especially.
3rd party partners. Nioh 2, Shenmue 3,
E3 2019 I predict they will announce big games to give off PS4 one final push for 2020 and beyond. I see 3-4 big games left from their Western side studios. Could horizon 2, new IPs
This lead me to think that TLOU 2, GOT, Death stranding will be all release in 2019

just give me my Demon Souls remaster, then I don't need any other games Sony :(

I think people are right about their 2019 releases in this thread, however I don't see death stranding releasing in 2019. I see it more as a dual release on ps4/ps5 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Honestly people thinking about PS5 in 2020 must be crazy. just because PS4 is doing well doesn't mean sony would like to give up the opportunity to have a year head start on next Xbox coz for sure next E3 2019 Xbox will reveal project scarlet for 2020 or for 2019 coz they litterally dont have anything in the pipes for Xbox one besides Gears and crackdown. So I wont be surprised if just like PS4 sony holds an event for PS5 in feb 2019 and release in fall 2019 and at e3 announcing games at E3 2019 like Horizon 2, Bloodborne 2 as exclusive launch titles and ofcourse all the announced PS4 exclusive will be cross platform. Coz early 2020 is what xbox might be targeting.

Also expect increase in game prices which will come with the benefit of buying single copy of the game and will work on both system with added bells and on PS5

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Kinda bummed they are not going to do a PSX this year.
I think they will have an announcement on VGA could be from their Japan studios.

I am thinking of some possibilities.
1. There will be a Playstation meeting early next year (PS5) then announcing the possible launch title for it.
2. I remember last year that they don't want to announce the game far too early now. They will focus on the current line-up that's announce.
Days gone, Dreams, Death Stranding, TLOU2, GOT and their VR titles. They don't want to announce another big games that will take the hype from Days gone especially.
3rd party partners. Nioh 2, Shenmue 3,
E3 2019 I predict they will announce big games to give off PS4 one final push for 2020 and beyond. I see 3-4 big games left from their Western side studios. Could horizon 2, new IPs
This lead me to think that TLOU 2, GOT, Death stranding will be all release in 2019

exactly this ^ .. coz 2020 for sure xbox scarlet will be out. and E3 2019 will be the reveal. as they already had the soft reveal at this years E3. I mean why wouldnt sony want to replicate the same strategy with PS4 which was so well received and coz given the choice slow down PS4 success over Early lead over Xbox in next generation.. sony would choose the later. and also its not like sony is abandoning the PS4, it still has heavy hitters coming to the system.

Also about games I think First gen PS5 games could be playable on pro with decreased visual quality. and for sure there are many games that are in development which could be cross platform like Bend's New IP, Horizon 2, Bluepoints game, san mateo studio, A New studio in San diego rumored to be working on next uncharted in collaboration with ND

I still believe sony japan and from software have been working on Bloodborne 2 on a new engine for PS5 launch, as Bloodborne proved that its a system seller. and sony would be too stupid repeat the same mistake it did with its predecessor demon souls which is abandon 

Around the Network
Kyuu said:

Why would there be cross-gen games if PS5 is backwards compatible?

No, PS5 won't launch in 2019, of that I'm 99% sure.
No, From Software isn't releasing 3 games within a single year (Deracine, Sekiro, and a supposed Bloodborne 2) To say nothing of Bloodborne 2 requiring Hidetaka Miyazaki's involvement.
No, Sony won't release Dreams, Days Gone, Death Stranding, The Last of Us 2, Bloodborne 2, Horizon 2, and a possible Demon's Souls remake in the same year.
No, PS4 Pro won't be "Forward Comptabile" The Pro was marketed and intended as a humble mid-gen upgrade, not a dormant next-gen system pretending it's a PS4 until PS5 is launched. And no one wants to see such a low specs system with a horribly outdated CPU holding back a next-generation console.

Uhm... cross gen doesn't mean its being held back per se. Because better specs could allow for huge improvements.

I mean just look at Spiderman. That same game could be tweaked for PS5 and look great. Higher quality textures, 60 fps, 4K, and other tweaks would make for a great looking 9th gen product.

That's kinda what Battlefield 4 was at launch. You had a game functioned on 7th gen very well, but 8th gen took it to the next level.

In fact, the Xbox One X is demonstrating that now. The GPU power in that device is a generational leap. The end result is significantly more polished games.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 29 September 2018

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

EricHiggin said:

Wonder if X018 has anything to do with it? If PS doesn't feel like they can compete with MS on these late events held by themselves, they don't want more comparisons about how their platform is worse than XB. They have made sure recently to address negative feedback and give the gaming community what it wants. Retro hardware and games, cross accounts, cross play, and apparently gamer tag changes soon enough. The last thing they want is people pointing out how much better the X018 event was compared to PSX, if PS feels that's very well a possibility. Just look at the E3 'who won' controversy.

PS doesn't have to compete because they have so much on the table already. MS have to build excitement for the xbox brand before their next console because they have been so soundly beaten this time and their first party has been rancid. Saying PS can't compete with MS is absolutely laughable, all MS have left is the mediocre looking Crackdown 3 and another Gears game.  It's amzing to me how little MS have to do to get so much credit. Two of the studios they bought had their last game not even reach 70 metacritic for gods sake

Mr_No said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/28/psx-2018-is-not-happening-playstation-exec-confirms

The annual show Sony held for PlayStation won't take place this year.

Layden made the announcement on the PlayStation Blogcast, saying "For 2018, I know this is going to be a disappointment to some people, but we decided to not hold PlayStation Experience this year."

"We won't have it in the States this year," he continued. "The reasons behind that really are we don't have...we have a lot of progress that we're making on our games...Now that we have Spider-Man out the door, we're looking down into 2019 games like Dreams and Days Gone.

"But we wouldn't have enough to bring people all together in some location North America to have that event. We don't want to set expectations really high and then not deliver on that. It was a hard decision, but we have determined that this year we will not hold PlayStation Experience.

Personally, it saddens me that there won't be one this year. But at the same time, the show would be redundant if the announcements were gonna be given on The Game Awards days before.

This is because this year E3 sucked, so they are keeping all their stuff for the next E3, so that it is magnificent......It is very simple

"....We don't want to set expectations really high and then not deliver on that...." #SONYE3-2018 LMFAO!!!

Still seeing "no way the PS5 hits in 2019, cause the PS4 is doing good and new game releases" comments.  I'm going to repost a section of a past post.

3rd party PS1 releases in 2000, the year the PS2 launched - Vagrant Story, NFS: Porche Unleashed, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends spinoff), MK:SF, Threads of Fate, Strider 2, Chrono Cross, DQ VII, Spider-Man, TH's Pro Skater 2, Vampire Hunter D, Destruction Derby Raw, Donald Duck: GQ, Mega Man Legends 2, Capcom vs SNK: M 2000, Incredible Crisis, The World Is Not Enough, FFIX, The Emperor's New Groove, TR Chronicles, 007 Racing, Batman Beyond: ROTJ, Harvest Moon, Disney's Aladdin: NR, Evil Dead: HTTK,

Sony PS1 releases in 2000 - Wild Arms 2, Spyro: YOTD, Crash Bash

The PS1 also sold ~21M in 1999, the year before the PS2 launched.

Notable 3rd party PS2 releases in 2005, the year the PS3 was originally going to launch, and 2006 - Mercenaries: POD, Shadow of Rome, Xenosaga Ep II, FIFA Street, Tekken 5, Fight Night Rnd 2, DMC 3, MX vs ATV Unleashed, Timesplitters: FP, Dynasty Warriors 5, Splinter Cell: CT, Lego SW, Midnight Club 3, Psychonauts, Burnout Revenge, MK:SM, Indigo Prophecy, RE4, Soul Calibur 3, COD 2, SW Battlefront 2, Guitar Hero, NFS: MW, DQ VIII, Drakengard 2, MGS3: S, FFXII, KH 2, TR: Legends, Jaws Unleashed, Hitman: BM, DOC: FFVII, Disgaea 2, Xenosaga Ep III, Lego SW 2, Okami, Just Cause, Scarface, MK:A, Spyro: ANB, Bully, NFS:C, COD 3, Guitar Hero 2, TH Project 8

Sony PS2 releases in 2005 and 2006 - The Getaway: BM, MLB 2006, GOW, Rise of Kasai, Genji: DOTS, Sly 3, SOCOM 3, Jak X:CR, SOTC, Ratchet: Deadlocked, Ape Escape 3, Siren 2, MLB 06, SOCOM: CA, Ape Escape: MM

The PS2 also sold ~20M in 2005, the year before the PS3 launched.

Notable 3rd party PS3 releases in 2013, the year the PS4 launched - DmC, Ni no Kuni, Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, MG Rising, TR, Bioshock: I, Injustice, Dragon's Dogma: DA, Metro: LL, Grid 2, Deadpool, Dynasty Warriors 8, Dragon's Crown, Saint's Row IV, Splinter Cell: BL, FF XIV, Diablo 3, Rayman Legends, GTA V, Disgaea D2, Lego Marvel, Batman: AO, AC IV: BF, BF4, COD: Ghosts, XCOM, NFS: Rivals, Minecraft, TWD: S2

Sony PS3 releases in 2013 - Sly Cooper: TIT, MLB 13, GOW: A, TLOU, Puppeteer, Rain, Beyond: TS, R&C: ITN, GT6

Now, the sales argument doesn't quite work for PS3, as sales were starting to decline due to the length of the gen.  Though, using VGC's estimated sell-through of 13M+, we can guess shipments were still a respectable ~15M in 2012.

The point is, neither of those factors mean anything when it comes to when a console's predecessor will launch.  When an affordable chipset is developed/available that gives a generational jump, they will jump on it as soon as possible.  Sony usually waits 5-6 years before jumping, which 2019 would be 6 years.  They also have been working with Ryzen CPUs, which is obviously going into the PS5, definitely a generational leap.  And rumor has it Navi has been co-developed with, or at least made to meet requirements from, Sony.  Meaning that is what the PS5 will have.  Now, it will be possible that things don't go perfectly as planned and Sony has to wait until 2020 to launch.  However, I think if things actually do go according to plan, we will see a PS5 in late 2019.  They definitely want to strike while they are hot, while not giving MS a possible year headstart.