By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSX not happening this year

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/28/psx-2018-is-not-happening-playstation-exec-confirms

The annual show Sony held for PlayStation won't take place this year.

Layden made the announcement on the PlayStation Blogcast, saying "For 2018, I know this is going to be a disappointment to some people, but we decided to not hold PlayStation Experience this year."

"We won't have it in the States this year," he continued. "The reasons behind that really are we don't have...we have a lot of progress that we're making on our games...Now that we have Spider-Man out the door, we're looking down into 2019 games like Dreams and Days Gone.

"But we wouldn't have enough to bring people all together in some location North America to have that event. We don't want to set expectations really high and then not deliver on that. It was a hard decision, but we have determined that this year we will not hold PlayStation Experience.

Personally, it saddens me that there won't be one this year. But at the same time, the show would be redundant if the announcements were gonna be given on The Game Awards days before.

Around the Network

No PSX in 2018. and "now that we have Spider-Man out the door, we're looking down into 2019 games like Dreams and Days Gone",
sound like Sony is definitely start focusing on PS5.

Lack of audience or lack of announcements? A bit confused..

When you have nothing to show, it makes sense. It sucks for me though. I made the last two years like a mini vacation that involved Disneyland+VGA+PSX, made it a fun week the last two years, so no psx is a bummer for me.

But like others said,yeah this seems like PS5 announcement is 2019 possibility

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I think it makes sense. Sony stretched themselves too thin with three shows, with the last few feeling lackluster.

This will allow them to load up their cannons for E3 2019.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

thats ashame, was looking forward to it after the disappointment at e3. then again not a fan of layden. so i guess thats a positive of not having to see him on stage.

There wont be one in 2018 and it will still be better than the 2017 one...

I'm expecting the rest of the year and 2019 to be underwhelming when it comes to new game announcements. The industry is getting ready for next gen in 2020.

that stinks

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

That Blows a little bit. Yet there's something missing. They still have until December to explain their PSN Network ID name change plan they hinted at last year. I didn't hear about Dreams getting Delayed but this sounds like it. Also, what of Concrete Genie. They are correct on another note though. The software is huge. The lineup is packed as I can see from now until March 22.