By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSX not happening this year

Ooo, yet another item that points towards my PS5 in 2019 prediction.

Around the Network

I'm kind of glad. It's a shame but the people who act like new game announcements are the only thing that matter are a poison to gaming. If Sony doesn't have a lot they want to reveal at the moment then I won't have to listen to them.

I don't see where people are getting a 2019 PS5 launch out of this. There are a handful of 2019 games that have already been announced. So, that might mean a twenty20 PS5, and they can't talk about games for that system yet without spoiling the announcement of the system itself. But, I see nothing here to indicate a 2019 PS5. In fact, I think that is close to Impossible at this point, is there haven't even been any credible leaks related to new consoles next year.

If they feel like they aren't ready to show other projects beyond what they have already announced, then that's fine. While it'll be disappointing to not have a PSX this year, its best to hold off on big announcements until they're ready to show them. I believe in that even with Nintendo Directs. Don't expect the world if they are not promising you that.

Why show off games that are just no where near ready or not even started properly (in pre-production)... both Sony and MS made that mistake before and they paid for it big time, though Sony had enough games coming to keep that ok, MS didnt and have paid dearly for it.

If PS5 isnt coming in 2019, then I expect 2019 to be quite quiet as well in terms of new releases.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
VAMatt said:
I don't see where people are getting a 2019 PS5 launch out of this. There are a handful of 2019 games that have already been announced. So, that might mean a twenty20 PS5, and they can't talk about games for that system yet without spoiling the announcement of the system itself. But, I see nothing here to indicate a 2019 PS5. In fact, I think that is close to Impossible at this point, is there haven't even been any credible leaks related to new consoles next year.

Because Sony has a habit of announcing games at least a year and a half before they release. They don't have a single game announced for 2020 right now, everything that is announced is either 2018, 2019 or has no date at all, and the majority are 2019. I'm expecting the 2018 games, Concrete Genie and Dreams, to be delayed to early 2019, giving us a schedule like this:

Q1 2019- Days Gone, Concrete Genie

Q2 2019- Dreams

Q3 2019- Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding

Q4 2019- The Last of Us 2

Problem is, that leaves them with nothing for the first 3 quarters of 2020 ahead of a possible PS5 launch Holiday 2020, and I can't see Sony having a 3/4ths of a year with no games. So, either PS5 is Holiday 2019 or Q1 2020, or Sony is just going to delay a bunch of 2019 games to 2020 to fill in the gaps and release PS5 Holiday 2020. 

If the PS5 is backwards compatible, then perhaps they'll hold back a couple to be multiple platform releases.

2019 was my original thought but not sure... people should be getting dev kits any time now if that was the case.

I think it'll be

2019 - Days Gone, Dreams, Concrete Genie, Medieval, Death Stranding

2020 - Ghost of Tsushima and LOU2 (PS5/PS4)

Though would be surprised if both GOT and LOU2 wasn't also 2019 Sept/Oct Releases for a new console.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

think it's a good idea. they have a great lineup for the rest of the gen, and all studios with no games announced will be working on PS5 development already (only exception might be one of the Japan Studio teams who might have a AA game in 2020 some time) no point having another show.

still think 2020 for PS5 is almost certain. 2019 makes absolutely no sense from any perspective. PS4 is still selling great, they have lots of games left, they can get more power for $399 if they wait a year. PS is in a strong position and don't need to get out in front of MS.

they will have Dreams and Days Gone first half of next year, my guess is Ghosts of Tsushima around September, Last of Us 2 November/December, then Death Stranding Q1 2020, with a Japan Studio game in the summer. Then big launch in 2020. That gives almost all of SOny's studios to get a good chunk of development done for their first PS5 games. Could possibly have Horizon 2 ready for holiday 2020 launch, as it would be nearly 4 years since the first game.

Miyamotoo said:
No PSX in 2018. and "now that we have Spider-Man out the door, we're looking down into 2019 games like Dreams and Days Gone",
sound like Sony is definitely start focusing on PS5.

Extremely smart imo. The next gran turismo, spiderman 2, horizon 2, god of war 2 should all be ps5. Next year and 2020 ps4 can get the likes of days gone, kh3, death stranding, ff7 remastered, dreams and the game of 2 generations the last of us 2. Maybe another ratchet and clank too. 

But they should all be re-released on ps5 with improvements. In terms of games Sony should go all out on ps5. No handheld to distract them anymore. No excuses. 

Last year was so boring and useless so im not mad tbh.

Can someone cancel 2018, please?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5