By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 4 reveal hinted for Game Awards!?

Hope so. Really excited to see it.

Around the Network

Would make the most sense for VGA as its aimed at a western audience. Last year Bayonetta 3 was announced. This year would get them a lot of buzz with Metroid

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Since Metroid is a game more for older gamers this presentation at the vga would make totally sence.

The devil in my Viking blood boils forth!

The "Game Awards" would be more aptly named The "Shameless contrived ceremony for the purpose of advertising to the impressionable insecure bro awards"

And by "bro" I don't mean it in the sort of positive light that black people used the term back in the 80s and 90s, but in the far sadder more current understanding of the term following Derick Comedy's piss-take at the stereotype. A bro is basically the modern form of a geek; due to laziness or lack of intellect they failed as nerds; and spit out by that society, they began to admire douchebag culture and began to do all they could to associate themselves with it... but their inherent wannabe nerdiness holds them back, preventing them from attaining true douchebaghood, or even some semblance of cool.

These bros, like highly impressionable children, love to buy into this whole charade of the "game awards" which does everything it can not to shatter their fragile insecurity. It's blatant to the point where someone outside of that sub-culture might watch this event and feel like they need a stiff drink before they vomit. Even the hosts make fun of the event and the attendees, and justifiably so, and that was about the only entertaining thing about the whole presentation other than the advertisements of games - "Look at those greasy nerds go!" one of the hosts said cheering on a few very childish looking bitch-titted doughboys playing a brand new game (probably some annual AAA updated port from EA or Activision).

Luckily, the game reveals can be watched on youtube, without that depressing sit-through of a commercialized awards farce.

For the Derick Comedy reference:

Don Glover is coming for you!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Miyamotoo said:

this year we talking about Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid Prime Trilogy HD.

This would be the ideal situation, yes.

Around the Network

I could see them showing Metroid at the game awards but I don't necessarily think this photo means anything...
Reggie wore an 8-bit Samus pin at a public event in 2014 and everybody was so certain that meant we were getting Metroid on Wii U...
I'm not setting myself up for disappointment...
If anything, I think more info on Bayonetta 3 is more likely...

Have a nice day...

I'm not saying it's Metroid, but given that since the announcement of the game 1.5 years ago with that E3 teaser we've had absolutely nothing... it would be about f*cking time!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

It wouldn’t surprise me, but I wouldn’t advise Metroid fans to set expectations.

He also wore those pins some years ago. Didn't mean a thing.

DélioPT said:
He also wore those pins some years ago. Didn't mean a thing.

What if the pins did mean something?  What if there were plans to release a Metroid game on WiiU, but Nintendo decided to save it for Switch.  I've maintained that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Retro is codeveloping MP4 with Bandai-Namco, particularly if MP4 does to the Prime series what both Mario Odyssey and Breath of the wild did for 3D Mario and 3D Zelda.

I for one would love some open room to shinespark in, wouldn't you?  And to truly space jump/screw attack across vast distances.

This would explain Retro's lack of anything at the last few E3s outside of Donkey Kong.

I know this is all conjecture and not based in fact, but at this point it isn't like there are many facts to go by anyway.  I mean look at us, we're speculating about a shirt in a picture of Reggie.  But it sure is fun!