By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 4 reveal hinted for Game Awards!?

I'm not saying it's Metroid, but given that since the announcement of the game 1.5 years ago with that E3 teaser we've had absolutely nothing... it would be about f*cking time!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

It wouldn’t surprise me, but I wouldn’t advise Metroid fans to set expectations.

He also wore those pins some years ago. Didn't mean a thing.

DélioPT said:

What if the pins did mean something?  What if there were plans to release a Metroid game on WiiU, but Nintendo decided to save it for Switch.  I've maintained that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Retro is codeveloping MP4 with Bandai-Namco, particularly if MP4 does to the Prime series what both Mario Odyssey and Breath of the wild did for 3D Mario and 3D Zelda.

I for one would love some open room to shinespark in, wouldn't you?  And to truly space jump/screw attack across vast distances.

This would explain Retro's lack of anything at the last few E3s outside of Donkey Kong.

I know this is all conjecture and not based in fact, but at this point it isn't like there are many facts to go by anyway.  I mean look at us, we're speculating about a shirt in a picture of Reggie.  But it sure is fun!

PAOerfulone said:
It wouldn’t surprise me, but I wouldn’t advise Metroid fans to set expectations.

If a Metroid fan had anything even resembling expectations, they haven't been paying attention this last decade.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I think that picture was taken at E3 earlier this year.
So Geoff may have just chosen the most recent picture he has together with Reggie.
Either way, it seems fitting that they'd reveal Metroid 4 gameplay at the VGA.

Metroid 4 already had a reveal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntFZa5AOV6w

(Sorry about that, my inner canon nazi just can't help itself when people call Prime 4 "Metroid 4".)

CladInShadows said:
PAOerfulone said:

If a Metroid fan had anything even resembling expectations, they haven't been paying attention this last decade.

Eh, sure the franchise has gone downhill for the most part, but Samus Returns was better than most Metroid games.

mZuzek said:
CladInShadows said:

Eh, sure the franchise has gone downhill for the most part, but Samus Returns was better than most Metroid games.

My point is not on the quality.  Metroid games have always been great (Other M, maybe not so much).  My point is the wait time the series has seen. We've had two metroid games in the last 11 years, and one in the last 8 years.  Metroid fans are used to waiting.

Well, given Nintendo involvement with the VGA in recent years, it makes more than sense that they would have at least something for the awards show, even if its something as lame as Kranky Kong.

But given how Nintendo seems to understands that each show has its own kind of audience, it makes sense for them to show something more mature looking like Metroid Prime 4.Not to mention that it has been(by that point) one year and a half since the reveal.So they would have something to show, regardless of when the development of the game started.But its just as likely for them to show a game like Bayonetta 3, which also appeals to that audience.Or even something like a WRPG, which for all we know, might be the game Retro is working.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

super_etecoon said:
DélioPT said:

What if the pins did mean something?  What if there were plans to release a Metroid game on WiiU, but Nintendo decided to save it for Switch.  I've maintained that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Retro is codeveloping MP4 with Bandai-Namco, particularly if MP4 does to the Prime series what both Mario Odyssey and Breath of the wild did for 3D Mario and 3D Zelda.

I for one would love some open room to shinespark in, wouldn't you?  And to truly space jump/screw attack across vast distances.

This would explain Retro's lack of anything at the last few E3s outside of Donkey Kong.

I know this is all conjecture and not based in fact, but at this point it isn't like there are many facts to go by anyway.  I mean look at us, we're speculating about a shirt in a picture of Reggie.  But it sure is fun!

Wasn't it confirmed that the game is being developed at Nintendo Japan?

Reggie's words (after the reveal at 2017) point more at the game starting development around that time, than the game being transferred from Wii U to Switch.

"“For certain games, games that will be in development for, let’s call it a decent amount of time, like Metroid Prime 4"
This doesn't really agree with the idea of a game that was saved for Switch.

Retro's lack of announcements is strange, but given some comments online from emplyees, things aren't going very well within the company. That may have delayed projects.