By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Petition against Nintendo Switch Online Service

Let's be real, I think we all expect the service to get better and better over time. All that really matters is if the servers are good

Around the Network

Good luck, we talking about subscription of $20 for hole year, not per month. :)

I know i will be probably reported or something, but people compare this service to the other consoles and i don't know why is this a bad thing. i don't own an xbox so i cant tell much about that, but i do own a PS+ account and is not like their servers are the best. Sure they have an easier way to connect and chat with other players, but for $40 more??? is not like is a better deal.

KazumaKiryu said:

Two friends do not understand it either. It was free, many months! And now it costs a lot of money, why? Nintendo has not developed as much high development costs as other developers for her games (like Rockstar Games, Sony, Naughty Dog ect). And they have so much money in the company. So I dont understand that. And the online service is really not good - in comparison with PlayStation / Xbox. That's what the big pages say. Now it's in the hands of the fans.

In the past, a boycott has brought a lot - as with the xboxone, with the "second-hand" games. With a little luck, nintendo delete the online costs in a few weeks / 3-4 months. This is my opinion. Then it's free again - that would be fair and I would like it. Hope the best - that would be great for everyone, i think :)

Since Day 1 of the Switch Presentation. It was announced that it Will not be free. In fact, they even said that it will be in 2017. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Seriously this is incomprehensible to me. Nintendo has always had bad free internet on past devices. The fact that it runs much smoother now alone makes the $20 worth it a year, which is far less than Sony and Microsoft fans are paying. On top of that we get a growing list of free nes games that have online capabilities now? Wow! I'd pay far more than $20 a year for this. I just don't get this anger? Do you want Nintendo to go back to their horrible connections on the Wii with Brawl? Do you people not remember how horrible of an experience that was? No to free and terrible Internet! I'll gladly pay this every year!

In fact, find me a petition to increase the amount!

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:

I decided that what Nintendo is doing with its online decisions is wrong. And it's harmful for us the consumers. That's why I initiated this petition. Not for Nintendo. For you. I want you to help yourselfs and everyone with a Nintendo Switch to take back what have always been ours. In the petition I explain with more detail why I'm asking you to NOT PAY for the Nintendo Switch Online System on September 18th.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-switch-players-we-want-consumers-to-not-purchase-nintendo-online-service

And if you don't agree with me, that's fine. But if you are with me on this one, please spread this petition everywhere you can. Thank you.

What Nintendo is doing with its online decisions is wrong, and it's harmful to us, the consumers. But this petition won't change anything. People will pay for the service because they want to play online, and that's just how it is. No one's happy about it, but we're still gonna do it.

In any case, if you share a family subscription with another 7 friends, you're giving them under $5 a year, so it can't be that awful.

Dulfite said:

Seriously this is incomprehensible to me. Nintendo has always had bad free internet on past devices. The fact that it runs much smoother now alone makes the $20 worth it a year, which is far less than Sony and Microsoft fans are paying. On top of that we get a growing list of free nes games that have online capabilities now? Wow! I'd pay far more than $20 a year for this. I just don't get this anger? Do you want Nintendo to go back to their horrible connections on the Wii with Brawl? Do you people not remember how horrible of an experience that was? No to free and terrible Internet! I'll gladly pay this every year!

In fact, find me a petition to increase the amount!

Ok ... Nintendo has not announced any dedicated servers that come with the subscription service. As far as we know, the difference between the quality between Switch multiplayer before the subscription update and after will be nothing. You're paying for peer to peer, not Nintendo's own servers.

The Wii U's multiplayer was not even that bad. Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 played very well. Smash was a fuckup but fighting games are known for having complications with Net code.

It seems to me like you are just purposefully being ignorant to try and have a blissful result. We could receive more information and that information might make the service sound a lot better. But a lot of what you are saying has no correlation with what facts we have currently.

The nerve to go as far as asking for the amount to increase? I'd expect a writer to be more educated at the very least, but to be so anti-consumer is crazy. 

morenoingrato said:
I think this plan lacks ambition. Why would you set the signature goal at 100? Why not go for 10000? That would really show them!

At least 10k.  Probably 100k is more like it.

I don't like the concept of paying for a service... But it's less than €10/year for 20+ NES games. I'd even pay for it if online play was not included.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Ok ... Nintendo has not announced any dedicated servers that come with the subscription service. As far as we know, the difference between the quality between Switch multiplayer before the subscription update and after will be nothing. You're paying for peer to peer, not Nintendo's own servers.

This. I am gonna pay for this service regardless because I wanna play online, but at the moment it's something I feel really bad about paying for. If they were to actually improve the online infrastructure, I'd have absolutely no qualms with paying up to $20 yearly.