Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Petition against Nintendo Switch Online Service

I do agree the subscription service is a mess but subscriptions aren't a mess in all cases, Live was once a mess until PS+ brought competition, PS+ started off as less of a mess than live did but it was still a mess but today both of those are the two leading games services and I for one would never go back to the utter disgrace PS online was before PS+ and this is coming from someone who was vehemently against plus and live until 8th gen came around and I seen the benifets first hand.
Nintendo need this, the consumers need it but it's just a mess right now and they need to release with something more substantial. Petition for them to do better, petition for them to have physical drive saves, petition for more cost effectiveness, petition for more price point options (Even though if they up the content the 25 euro a year is proper good value for a stable online service alone, especially when it looks like they'll eventually add a games pass like service under that price point in the future)
I'm not saying live and Ps+are perfect but when you see the wonders of not having DNS errors or unstable downloads etc. as rhe difference between 2006-2013 free PSN to PS+ is immense in just qaulity of life aspects alone. If Nintendo use the revenue and handle it well, to make the service great it'll be well worth it. Nintendo badly needs to enter the online space full and proper and they're aren't going to dump a ton of money into it with no return. At that price point it'll be ages before they see a turn around anyway. You can't fight positive change on this one dude but you can be loud enough to direct and shape that change.

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network

Two friends do not understand it either. It was free, many months! And now it costs a lot of money, why? Nintendo has not developed as much high development costs as other developers for her games (like Rockstar Games, Sony, Naughty Dog ect). And they have so much money in the company. So I dont understand that. And the online service is really not good - in comparison with PlayStation / Xbox. That's what the big pages say. Now it's in the hands of the fans.

In the past, a boycott has brought a lot - as with the xboxone, with the "second-hand" games. With a little luck, nintendo delete the online costs in a few weeks / 3-4 months. This is my opinion. Then it's free again - that would be fair and I would like it. Hope the best - that would be great for everyone, i think :)

The Last of Us 2, so beautiful <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowuwdxzblM

KazumaKiryu said:

Two friends do not understand it either. It was free, many months! And now it costs a lot of money, why? Nintendo has not developed as much high development costs as other developers for her games (like Rockstar Games, Sony, Naughty Dog ect). And they have so much money in the company. So I dont understand that. And the online service is really not good - in comparison with PlayStation / Xbox. That's what the big pages say. Now it's in the hands of the fans.

In the past, a boycott has brought a lot - as with the xboxone, with the "second-hand" games. With a little luck, nintendo delete the online costs in a few weeks / 3-4 months. This is my opinion. Then it's free again - that would be fair and I would like it. Hope the best - that would be great for everyone, i think :)

Come on, even if your friends were on Hartz IV, they'd still be able to pay for this.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

"But that's simply not true. Nintendo DS, Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems have supported online play for free since their inception. Now, Nintendo want us to pay from 5 dollars per month to 20 a year in order to be able to do something that for the past 15 years has been free to consumers."

This is why your petition will fail.  While it was free for you to use, it was not free for them to provide.  The mere fact of the matter is you got something for free for 15 years that they paid for.  Now you're going to say thank you by petitioning against them?

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

For the GAMER!

Around the Network

I know it's really basic and sucks but they just freakin started their online service. First of all, for that price it's never going to be as good as the competition. Second of all, they will add stuff, virtual games over the months/years. It will just get better honestly.

Vodacixi said:

If that's what you think, I'm ok with it. But... don't you think that it would be better if it was free like it has been since the DS came out? Don't you think that this is something we have always had for free and now they are taking it away from us? Don't you think that if we stand up and hold on without online on Switch, even if it's just by a short period of time... we could make things like they were before?

I repeat: if you don't agree with this, I won't insist on you. But if you think I'm even just a little bit right... then you should consider making something.

Sorry but even when I had a DS, Xbox 360 had already planted the conception that the future of online gaming is to be a paid service on dedicated platforms. Sony followed, then finally Nintendo. The consumer lost, no point in me fighting a battle I believe to be already long lost.

But of course I'm fine with anyone who disagrees and can live without the paid online subscription services for Sony Microsoft and Nintendo platforms. I mean they have a right not to pay and not everyone is too dependent on the online gaming sector. But if you do want the subscription you should just pay for it cause your not going to be getting it otherwise.

I'm just desensitised to concept of paid online on modern dedicated video game systems. Also it's far too late for Microsoft and Sony to turn back now, sure maybe not Nintendo, but if after 10 years it sticks there is no reason to believe it's going anywhere.

Last edited by Green098 - on 14 September 2018

I'll sign as a matter of principle...

Meanwhile, I'm going to build a great subscription and I'm going to make Microsoft pay for it!

This is getting ridiculous

At the end of the day, you pay if you want to play online. Splatoon 2 and Smash are enough reasons for me when I go to buy the console! (hopefully later this year)

Personally I think that this Nintendo online payment service seems somewhat primitive if you compare it with the competition. Nintendo knows that and that's why its price is 20 dollars.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10