By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exclusives Attacked For Being Downgraded

OTBWY said:
Kerotan said:
I've noticed that too. Then you have games like zelda which are heavily downgraded from the initial reveal and it gets no such shit show.

The difference is that Zelda is still despite whatever downgrade you're talking about.

You'd have to wonder if it was a ps4 game made by Sony with the same level of downgrade would it have received the same score. Or a ps4/xbox/pc game. Games like watchdogs lost a lot of review points over a downgrade. 



Around the Network
Kerotan said:
OTBWY said:

The difference is that Zelda is still despite whatever downgrade you're talking about.

You'd have to wonder if it was a ps4 game made by Sony with the same level of downgrade would it have received the same score. Or a ps4/xbox/pc game. Games like watchdogs lost a lot of review points over a downgrade. 

Because those were actual downgrades perhaps.

Last edited by OTBWY - on 10 September 2018

You forgot one the most important games, Infamous Second Son. Not as big as #puddlegate, but because it was one of the first big Exclusive AAA game for the PS4, a lot of people (mostly fanboys) had written off that the PS4 is dead. However, the only thing that actually changed in the main game was lighting placement. Everything else was exactly the same, except for minor details added to the Final Release.



I love how one user turned this into Nintendo vs Other Companies thread. On topic, I think couple of people put it perfectly, that this problem itself is being overblown and is really not consistent issue that arises.



 

PwerlvlAmy said:
Masked_Muchaco said:

Nintendo and Microsoft fan bases do exactly the same thing, as does almost any other fan base.

Oh I agree all fan bases do it, but Sony fans always seem to be overboard with it from what I've seen. This thread kinda proves part of  my point in a way,the point  that people find ''no way at all'' that Sony would downgrade their games or do wrongs. That's just my perspective of the whole thing though.  As stated previously, all the big companies downgrade their games, its not a new thing and its not a trend that any of the big companies will stop any time soon.

it seems that way because there is more sony exclusives  for people to criticize. 



Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Oh I agree all fan bases do it, but Sony fans always seem to be overboard with it from what I've seen. This thread kinda proves part of  my point in a way,the point  that people find ''no way at all'' that Sony would downgrade their games or do wrongs. That's just my perspective of the whole thing though.  As stated previously, all the big companies downgrade their games, its not a new thing and its not a trend that any of the big companies will stop any time soon.

it seems that way because there is more sony exclusives  for people to criticize. 

The downgraded games are usually third parties. At least from the ones that I know of. The Spiderman one is a recent example, so it is easy to conclude what the OP concluded, but in my experience most of the games that were actually downgraded were from third party developers. And of those games, many were just E3 versions of which many knew that they were bullshots.



Kerotan said:
OTBWY said:

The difference is that Zelda is still despite whatever downgrade you're talking about.

You'd have to wonder if it was a ps4 game made by Sony with the same level of downgrade would it have received the same score. Or a ps4/xbox/pc game. Games like watchdogs lost a lot of review points over a downgrade. 

...

Because Sony has been pushing cinematic graphics since the PS3 ... 



OTBWY said:
deskpro2k3 said:

it seems that way because there is more sony exclusives  for people to criticize. 

The downgraded games are usually third parties. At least from the ones that I know of. The Spiderman one is a recent example, so it is easy to conclude what the OP concluded, but in my experience most of the games that were actually downgraded were from third party developers. And of those games, many were just E3 versions of which many knew that they were bullshots.

Depends on the areas. Some of the Spiderman images I've seen look better than it did on release. Other parts worse.



"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

smroadkill15 said:
BoseDK said:
True while the actual huge downgrades like those of Sea of Thieves and State of Decay go unnoticed because those games had much bigger problems and no one even thought to talk about how much shittier they looked compared to their demos (which weren't good looking to begin with).

First of all, why are you bringing MS into this discussion. Second, I'm not sure of your serious or not, but nobody talked about Sea of Thieves or State of Decay downgrades because there was no downgrade. Sea of Thieves looks exactly like how it was advertised. State of Decay actually looked better at launch compared to when it was initially shown. Show me where these downgrades. 

You cannot be serious...

Sea of Thieves and State of Decay had downgrades that make Watch Dogs downgrade seem like a non issue.

https://youtu.be/4wqVrsl5pco

 

https://twitter.com/tru8888/status/976490226368512000?s=21



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Kerotan said:

You'd have to wonder if it was a ps4 game made by Sony with the same level of downgrade would it have received the same score. Or a ps4/xbox/pc game. Games like watchdogs lost a lot of review points over a downgrade. 

...

Because Sony has been pushing cinematic graphics since the PS3 ... 

That reveal for zelda looked pretty cinematic to me despite the cartoon graphics. They revealed the trailer and led people to believe the final product would look like that. Watch some YouTube comparisons to see how big the downgrade was. But no massive backlash at launch. 

 

I've no major problem with this but my point is Sony wouldn't have been spared the backlash. Same for Microsoft aswell. 

 

@other user who likes to talk about me in the 3rd person 

 

This is relevant to the discussion. It's about Sony being attacked when in many cases there is even an upgrade. So why the hell wouldn't it be compared to it's rivals Nintendo and Microsoft. Is it sacrilege to mention zelda got a downgrade and didn't receive massive backlash like Sony does? Remember folks, the spiderman puddle gate was one of the highest up voted gaming comment on reddit this year. A massive storm over nothing.