By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Update: Latest rumor shows casting for a white Ciri | Original: Netflix looking for non-white actress to play Ciri in the Witcher tv series

So, if they're looking for any variety of non-white, it's just a token move to ensure that the character isn't white at all costs. Which in turn means that there is no current plan in place for a fleshed out backstory on why this character will have a different look than the royalty and other people she grew up around, which means that it's actually kinda bullshit. Diversity is a good thing for sure, forced diversity only for its own sake holds no value.

Many would say that the characters ethnicity doesn't matter, which could be true even in this case, but that doesn't fit with the actual, documented requirement that the actress be non-white. I'm really confused as to what the point of all this is.

Around the Network

I would prefer an all black cast.

Maybe have it directed by Spike Lee. They have an opportunity to get gaming fans woke.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Go woke go broke. Not going to watch it. Specially after reading they even have an specific word for it. I hope it flops.

Really!? That’s strange.
Ciri will always be the pale skinned white haired girl in my eyes.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Aeolus451 said:
If that's true, it's going to piss off alot of witcher fans. Instead of trying to be true to the IP and tell the story the fans want, let's hijack this and tell a progressive story. This is gonna hurt netflix's reputation.

No one will care in the greater scheme of things. 

Around the Network

But its nice watching people wince at the current trend of trying to make casts more diverse because decades hollywood has been white washing black, asian and poc characters even down to the constant casting of storm as a caramel skinned woman.

I wonder what sort of reaction Netflix would get if they decided to make Black panther series and cast Mark Wahlberg as Black panther.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Idiots.
Not surprised one bit tough, casting that pretty boy Henry Cavill as Geralt raised some major red flags about where they're heading with the show.

Otter said:
Aeolus451 said:
If that's true, it's going to piss off alot of witcher fans. Instead of trying to be true to the IP and tell the story the fans want, let's hijack this and tell a progressive story. This is gonna hurt netflix's reputation.

No one will care in the greater scheme of things. 

The Witcher has alot of fans. It's a popular book series that was made even more popular from the console game. Netflix is becoming increasingly woke in the content they produce and as a company. Each year more competition joins the streaming service market and existing streaming services improve. Eventually, people in mass will go elsewhere. The last straw could be a tweet, a interview or another movie of a popular IP that shits all over the fans.

.............. but isn't Ciri Caucasian in the video game...? I guess staying true to source material isn't as important as filling a minority quota.

You know what, why stop there? Fire Henry Caville and give the role of Geralt to a transgender Black midget. If you're gonna pull this crap, show your colors and intentions and go all the way. Don't be shy - put the pedal to the metal and go all the way. Be sure the director is a woman who is a feminist and has a MINIMUM of 2,000 #MeToo hashtags to display her qualifications. Be sure to give her bonus SJW points if she has purple dyed hair. Oh and DONT FORGET to nominate Caitlyn Jenner for an Emmy - regardless if she's in the show or not.