By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 35 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - August 27- September 02, 2018

Supermario28 said:
konnichiwa said:

Yeah saturation is hitting it hard. Expected why buy a PS4 for PES now while you didn't do it for all the other yearly PES releases?

Yeah there is saturation in Japan but in Europe and NA there's still room. We saw that with God of War with a significant bump that lasted 4-5 weeks.

I think Spiderman in NA and FIFA 19 in Europe will boost PS4 sales quite a lot in September. And i assume ther will be another COD too.

It's waiting till KHIII not sure what's the next game that can cause a significant boost

Around the Network

I didn't even knew that Naruto was out, guess that sums up my interest in the Naruto IP these days.

Ouch PS4 is now trending behind 2017, next major Japanese release is Cold Steel 4 and Dragon Quest Builders 2, but the latter is on PS4 and CS4 only appeals to those that are already Trails fans that haven't got a PS4. Things aint gonna be looking pretty for the PS4 for the rest of the year.

Octopath noooooooooooooooooooo

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Surprisingly strong hold for Conan. Now PS4 has 3 titles in the otherwise Nintendo-dominated TOP 10. Minecraft going strong - as expected. Octopath is now completely wiped out of the TOP 20, while surprisingly Captain Toad keeps in there.

Switch and PS4 both are now back to baseline levels. Are any releases to expect, that would elevate them again?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Surprisingly strong hold for Conan. Now PS4 has 3 titles in the otherwise Nintendo-dominated TOP 10. Minecraft going strong - as expected. Octopath is now completely wiped out of the TOP 20, while surprisingly Captain Toad keeps in there.

Switch and PS4 both are now back to baseline levels. Are any releases to expect, that would elevate them again?

Trails of Cold Steel 4 later this month should boost the PS4 to around 20K to 25K I imagine. 

Mario Party should also boost the Switch back up to 50K next month.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Supermario28 said:

Yeah there is saturation in Japan but in Europe and NA there's still room. We saw that with God of War with a significant bump that lasted 4-5 weeks.

I think Spiderman in NA and FIFA 19 in Europe will boost PS4 sales quite a lot in September. And i assume ther will be another COD too.

It's waiting till KHIII not sure what's the next game that can cause a significant boost

The only real thing you can predict is a nice bundle/price drop. There's not much left for the end of the year, but PS4 is more expensive in Japan than every other major game market. It's past way due for some heavy price cutting.

That said, Conan had a pretty great second week. That should get past 100k easily.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Jranation said:
Damn PS4 dropped soo big! While Switch dominates the software and hardware!

There'd be something seriously wrong if a handheld capable console made by Nintendo didn't dominate over a traditional home console in Japan. It outsold it by 26k units. I'm actually surprised its not outselling it by more. Ps4 so long overdue a price cut it's crazy. 

animegaming said:
Mnementh said:

Trails of Cold Steel 4 later this month should boost the PS4 to around 20K to 25K I imagine. 

Mario Party should also boost the Switch back up to 50K next month.

Thanks. I'm not sure how strong Mario Party works as system seller outside of the holidays. But it should elevate the sales.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Farsala said:
PS4 down yoy and Switch is it on its way at this rate.

MHW only delayed the inevitable.

Boruto bomba.

Shame that Octopath is not in the top 20 anymore.

Weird to not to see Mario Odyssey in the top 20, I had got used to it being there. Zelda outlasted it and it's also above Kirby, even though the latter is a way newer game  TAW.

Farsala said:
PS4 down yoy and Switch is it on its way at this rate.

I dont think Switch will go down, it only needs to average 33.8k to remain up going into the last 10 weeks of the year.

Worst case scenario it's down for a couple weeks from last years Mario Odyssey boost but this years Pokemon/Smash boost will easily cancel that out.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.