By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 35 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - August 27- September 02, 2018

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Yep! Another example is that at The Video Game Awards. No switch games were on the handhelds category. And how NPD mentioned the Switch broke the Home Console record. 

So you're arguing that Switch doesn't count as a handheld console so Nintendo have left that market just like Sony. We all know that's ridiculous. 

There is nothing to argue. You are the only one who is still trying to push this agenda. Just accept it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Yep! Another example is that at The Video Game Awards. No switch games were on the handhelds category. And how NPD mentioned the Switch broke the Home Console record. 

So you're arguing that Switch doesn't count as a handheld console so Nintendo have left that market just like Sony. We all know that's ridiculous. 

What the hell are you talking about? Nintendo is still putting out games on the 3DS. And since i cant see the future, I dont know if nintendo will launch a only-portable console in the future. Point is that the switch is nintendo’s bet for the home console market, not the handheld (even though it acts like a handheld too) So, just stop, let it go. You are just trying too hard

Maynard_Tool said:
Kerotan said:

What the hell are you talking about? Nintendo is still putting out games on the 3DS. And since i cant see the future, I dont know if nintendo will launch a only-portable console in the future. Point is that the switch is nintendo’s bet for the home console market, not the handheld (even though it acts like a handheld too) So, just stop, let it go. You are just trying too hard

I'm just seeing so many conflicting posts from different posters in these threads. How can you say it isn't their bet for the portable Market aswell when you just said it yourself it's a handheld. Not saying it's not also their home console bet because I think it's that too but there's so many people who say it's a handheld console and others portable as if it's not both. 

Like above we have jrnation saying it's a home console not portable console and before that we have miyamotoo saying it's a portable that functions as a home console. Then we have others who say it's just a portable. 

It's just crazy to think so long after it's reveal and launch people are still writing opposing opinions on this. 

Kerotan said:
Maynard_Tool said:

I'm just seeing so many conflicting posts from different posters in these threads. How can you say it isn't their bet for the portable Market aswell when you just said it yourself it's a handheld. Not saying it's not also their home console bet because I think it's that too but there's so many people who say it's a handheld console and others portable as if it's not both. 

Like above we have jrnation saying it's a home console not portable console and before that we have miyamotoo saying it's a portable that functions as a home console. Then we have others who say it's just a portable. 

It's just crazy to think so long after it's reveal and launch people are still writing opposing opinions on this. 

Exactly. Is almost 2019 and people are still arguing about this.  Look here’s the deal

switch is a hybrid. But it’s nintendo’s bet for the home console market; it also acts as a handheld, but it’s main focus is as a home console; this was already stated by nintendo (so i dont care what anyone would like to believe, because that doesnt matter; what matters it what nintendo is aiming for, and that’s the home console market). Also,I dont wanna be the one who “preditcs” the future, but im pretty sure nintendo will launch a portable console somewhere in the [nearish] future. They are trying to milk the 3DS as most as posible, so they are still in the handheld market; and hopefully they are figuring out what their next move will be.

I cant believe this is still an issue.

Maynard_Tool said:
Kerotan said:

Exactly. Is almost 2019 and people are still arguing about this.  Look here’s the deal

switch is a hybrid. But it’s nintendo’s bet for the home console market; it also acts as a handheld, but it’s main focus is as a home console; this was already stated by nintendo (so i dont care what anyone would like to believe, because that doesnt matter; what matters it what nintendo is aiming for, and that’s the home console market). Also,I dont wanna be the one who “preditcs” the future, but im pretty sure nintendo will launch a portable console somewhere in the [nearish] future. They are trying to milk the 3DS as most as posible, so they are still in the handheld market; and hopefully they are figuring out what their next move will be.

I cant believe this is still an issue.

Their next move will be getting the switches cost of production as cheap as possible to first of all maximise profits but secondly allow the ability to cut the price. 

You can't say switch is a hybrid and then act like it's only their bet for the home console market. No it's their bet for the home console and handheld market. Otherwise it wouldn't be a hybrid.