By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Streets of Rage 4 revealed + preview

Player2 said:

I'm not a fan of how the characters are drawn or Axel's new beard, but we'll see. At least it should be better than Golden Axe: Beast Rider.

0:34 Jump kick doesn't knock down enemies. What travesty is this?

Axel's beard and beer gut...

WTF, I didn't notice they aren't knocked down.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

I have literally been waiting 20 years for this! Now we just need the game on all platforms with the option of a physical release and then hope like hell it doesn't suck.
I gives me hope that Golden Axe 4 might one day be a reality....

Xxain said:
............. How could they. This is some disappointing shit to wake up to.

You know what was disappointing? Streets of Rage 3.

I look forward to playing this.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

JRPGfan said:

This looks lazy? or is it just me?

Lazy isn't the word I'm thinking. Visually it just doesn't look like a game that should be called Street of Rage 4. Very comic bookish, I prefer the colors and art style of the Genesis games.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

tripenfall said:
I have literally been waiting 20 years for this! Now we just need the game on all platforms with the option of a physical release and then hope like hell it doesn't suck.
I gives me hope that Golden Axe 4 might one day be a reality....

If they took the Dragon's Crown engine (already a Sega IP), did less story telling, and added bigger magic attacks. We would have a great Golden Axe game.

Recently Completed

Around the Network

Looks decent but I would love another proper Crazy Taxi game.

I was really hoping they would bring back Adam and Skate, but my biggest issue is the art style. Steets of rage has always been more serious, but with this art style it looks to cartoony.

I really hope they are able create awesome music and epic visuals that define each level.

I still think Sega has taken a safe cheap option here. They could have made it with the Yakuza engine but with linear levels and I think it would have been far better.

As much as a SoR fan I am, I will patiently wait and see. I'm glad Sega had finally brought the game back, but we need to see how good a job this indie dev is able to do.

Mr Puggsly said:
JRPGfan said:

This looks lazy? or is it just me?

Lazy isn't the word I'm thinking. Visually it just doesn't look like a game that should be called Street of Rage 4. Very comic bookish, I prefer the colors and art style of the Genesis games.

I agree that the art style reminds me more to that of Comix Zone (withou the vignettes) than the original Streets of Rage games, but with no release date nor confirmed platforms, there's still time to tune the graphics a little bit.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Comix Zone, now that one would be a nice one to reboot too.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

didn't like the art style as well as i don't think it suits the franchise

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?