shikamaru317 said:

Wonder what will be next?

My top 5

1. Shinobi
  2. Skies of Arcadia
  3. Virtua Fughter
  4. Panzer Dragoon
  5. Ecco the Dolphin
Sega really needs to run this survey in the US and EU as well. 

I wouldn't mind Shinobi as the next one, then Ecco and Jet Set Radio.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

I'm not a fan of this series but I'm glad for those fans who have been waiting decades for a sequel. The artwork looks pretty good as well.

Xxain said:
JRPGfan said:

This looks lazy? or is it just me?

Nope. Another low end attempt by SEGA at reviving classic IP's with as little effort as possible. Sonic Mania opened the door to allow SEGA to get a pass on this. They're  the only Japanese developers exploiting the "have fans make it" tactic. They have zero respect for what built their legacy. Nintendo would never this happen and its why they're the ones still making consoles.

I don’t see what’s lazy in what’s shown in the trailer.

Go back to sleep, maybe?

Finally. As I get it, platforms will be announced later.

That was an out of nowhere pure hype announcement. I cant wait. I do however wonder where Eddie is. We gotta have Eddie.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

So, so, so happy about this!

konnichiwa said:
The music is not that amazing =X......but will probably get it anyway.

Koshiro might be involved, not confirmed yet:

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Hynad said:
Xxain said:

Nope. Another low end attempt by SEGA at reviving classic IP's with as little effort as possible. Sonic Mania opened the door to allow SEGA to get a pass on this. They're  the only Japanese developers exploiting the "have fans make it" tactic. They have zero respect for what built their legacy. Nintendo would never this happen and its why they're the ones still making consoles.

I don’t see what’s lazy in what’s shown in the trailer.

Go back to sleep, maybe?

The irony is you have Ori & the Black Forrest as a avatar picture.
You should know what love & care, put into a 2D game looks like.  

Streets of Rage 4 doesnt look like it got much developement time, or effort put into it.

shikamaru317 said:
Xxain said:

Who understands better what makes a franchise good than it's own fans? Mania was a masterpiece, the best Sonic game since 1994. Sega has proven that they no longer understand what made these classic games so good, but fans still remember. Clearly Sega was going to try another retro, fan made reboot after Mania worked out so well. You call it lazy, I call it smart. Streets of Rage would not have translated well to 3D, or even 2.5D with modern graphics, I'd 10x rather have this retro inspired hand drawn artstyle. 

It should stay 2D, the problem is this game doesnt really look very polished.
Like I just think the graphics could have been done alot better (doesnt look like much TLC was put into it).

The only reason Im even saying this, is because Streets of Rage, is big name.... it "should" deserve a decent budget and effort put into it, if sega decided to make a new one. That doesnt seem to have happend.

I'm not a fan of how the characters are drawn or Axel's new beard, but we'll see. At least it should be better than Golden Axe: Beast Rider.

0:34 Jump kick doesn't knock down enemies. What travesty is this?