By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saints Row: The Third coming to Nintendo Switch

Saints Row: The Third is coming to Switch, Deep Silver has announced. The news was just revealed during the Gamescom 2018 opening ceremony.

This is the first time that the Saints Row franchise will be appearing on a Nintendo system. Saints Row: Drive By was announced for 3DS never years ago, but was never shown or released.

Saints Row the Third – Ported by the internal developer Deep Silver Fish Labs it will be coming to Nintendo Switch.

https://nintendoeverything.com/saints-row-the-third-announced-for-switch/

For people that dont know game

UPDATE, it seems that is coming in March and it will have all DLC included.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/saints-row-the-third-for-switch-will-release-in-march-2019-includes-all-dlc.63767/

Its not GTAV but seems like solid alternative, at least until GTAV don't arrive (if ever arrives).

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 23 August 2018

Around the Network

Well that's random. It's a good game though.

Wow let's port a 7 year old game for no reason lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

glad this wasnt a bet, id lose big time.

though its old, id pick it up for cheap. not for anything over $30.

I have to agree this is really random

Around the Network

It seems that Saints Row Third is best game in series (has best critics on PS3/360) and generaly its good game, and I guess THQ Nordic think this game could be good alternative to GTAV thats still not available on Switch.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 21 August 2018

This is considered the best game in the series and frankly its just a good game. If it does well I'm sure they will port Saint's Row IV as well.

Frankly, if GTAV coming then there may be demand for alternatives. I'd like to see Sleeping Dogs on Switch.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It seems like the development team is extremely small and in their current state they can't afford to port/remaster the first two Saints Row games to ANY platform due problems with the original code, so this was their only option to bring the series on Switch, it also seems to be the fans' favourite entry in the series

Mr Puggsly said: 

This is considered the best game in the series and frankly its just a good game. If it does well I'm sure they will port Saint's Row IV as well.

Frankly, if GTAV coming then there may be demand for alternatives. I'd like to see Sleeping Dogs on Switch.

If I'm not mistaken Liam Robertson mentioned Sleeping Dogs a few times when speaking about Switch ports but I don't know if it's some rumor or his personal wish

Last edited by Luke888 - on 21 August 2018

Not a fan of SR, but if it opens the gate for GTAV, then bring it on.

Very strange choice of game but interested in it for sure, price depending of course.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive