By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saints Row: The Third coming to Nintendo Switch

Pretty cool news. I have Saints Row: The Third for Xbox 360, but I never got a chance to put much time into it. I completed Saints Row and Saints Row 2 on 360, and then Saints Row IV + Gat Outta Hell on Xbox One. Which is ironic, since I'm hearing The Third is the best in the series. Anyway, I very much enjoyed Saints Row. It's a franchise that doesn't take itself seriously, and there's a lot of fun to be had in that regard. I had intended to play on Xbox One via backwards compatibility. But, the Switch's portability would likely give me more time to put into it which is worth consideration.

Around the Network

Wow thats random!!! More games the better though.

h2ohno said:
?????

If it was a collection I could understand, but why the third game specifically? If they're doing this, then 3, 4, and Gat out of Hell should all be included on the same cartridge or include a download code like RE Revelations.

Maybe because its most popular and considered for best one? Also it cheaper to port one game than hole collection, I mean not every port means collection. :)

cycycychris said:

Didn't expect this one to come over, a bit of a random choice. Hopefully its no more than $20, but watch it be $50.

I never played this so I am interested if its cheap.

Hardly, I mean some Indie games are $20, this will be remaster of AAA game, best you can hope is that want be full priced like some other late Switch ports. :)

I'll take Saints Row over GTA any day of the week.  GTA is a serious and dramatic game, while SR is completely over the top with humor, game-play, and spectacle.  It's ridiculous on purpose.  It also has likeable characters.  Agent Kensington is my girl.

For those wondering why SR3, SR4 makes zero sense on its own.  It's more like a continuation that's based off the characters of SR3.  Don't play SR4 without playing SR3 first.  Really, SR4 is like a really big expansion.

Last edited by pokoko - on 21 August 2018

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
This isn't even the newest game of the Saints Row franchise...

The latest one would be much harder to port, if not impossible.

routsounmanman said:
Dr.Vita said:
This isn't even the newest game of the Saints Row franchise...

Why?  Even the 4th game had crap graphics by XBox 360 standards.  Nothing in the franchise is technically demanding.

Random but cool i guess.

Hopefully they fit it on one cart.

h2ohno said:
routsounmanman said:

Why?  Even the 4th game had crap graphics by XBox 360 standards.  Nothing in the franchise is technically demanding.

People saying that game was technically mess on PS4/XB1, so Third makes more sense from that reason too.

UPDATE, it seems that is coming in March and it will have all DLC included.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/saints-row-the-third-for-switch-will-release-in-march-2019-includes-all-dlc.63767/