Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Nintendo IP Going Mature?

What Nintendo IP would mostly get an M-rated entry?

Zelda 2 3.70%

Metroid 32 59.26%

Sin & Punishment 6 11.11%

Xenoblade 3 5.56%

Fire Emblem 3 5.56%

Other (be specific) 8 14.81%

Total:54

I know it'll never happen but an M rated Zelda would be great.

Around the Network

None of Nintendo's IP's will ever be M-rated, the closest we are going to get are games like Eternal Darkness or Bayonetta

Nothing to see here, move along

The_Liquid_Laser said:
What does Bayonetta have to do to be considered Nintendo IP at this point? Do they have to buy Platinum Games?

Bayonetta is a Sega IP, they'd have to either buy Sega, or the IP from Sega.

No thanks. Don't need "maturity" in my videogames. That's one of the main reasons I prefer Nintendo. Particularly the games listed in the poll need to remain T at best. It just doesn't serve any purpose for them to add ultra violence, sexual themes, or excessive drug use.

Doesn't Nintendo own/share the rights to Fatal Frame or something? Does that count?

Around the Network

If the definition of ‘mature’ is the M-rating, then I guess Metroid could pull it off. Could be a survival-horror game or something.

Metroid, but Zelda would benefit the most. An M rated Zelda would be a much, much better game.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
What does Bayonetta have to do to be considered Nintendo IP at this point? Do they have to buy Platinum Games?

Bayonetta is owned by Sega and Platinum.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Green098 said:
Doesn't Nintendo own/share the rights to Fatal Frame or something? Does that count?

It should but like the existence of ghosts the whole thing is very vague. 

Star Tropics is the easiest to turn into an M rated game, Donkey Kong would probably turn out as the best game, imagine "Donkey Kong's REVENGE!"

Last edited by Luke888 - on 23 August 2018