By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Nintendo IP Going Mature?

What Nintendo IP would mostly get an M-rated entry?

Zelda 2 3.70%

Metroid 32 59.26%

Sin & Punishment 6 11.11%

Xenoblade 3 5.56%

Fire Emblem 3 5.56%

Other (be specific) 8 14.81%

Total:54
CaptainExplosion said:

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I think you are right, but I see it heading to first party soon in a very Xenoblade-like manner.

I thought Xenoblade was separate from Xenosaga (what Monolith Soft made before being bought by Nintendo).

I just checked this, and found that Monolith was bought by Nintendo earlier than I thought.  My fault. 

Still wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo bought either Platinum games or the Bayonetta IP though.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 21 August 2018

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I just checked this, and found that Monolith was bought by Nintendo earlier than I thought.  My fault. 

Still wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo bought either Platinum games or the Bayonetta IP though.

Even after the failure of Star Fox Zero?

This is the sort of thing that shows Platinum and Nintendo already have a close working relationship.  Even if Star Fox Zero flopped, Nintendo seems interested in keeping Bayonetta.  Also, I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't mind the Nier franchise becoming an exclusive on their platform either.

If they don't buy Platinum games, then they might try to make them an "unofficial" first party like HAL.

None of Nintendo's IP's will ever be M-rated, the closest we are going to get are games like Eternal Darkness or Bayonetta

The_Liquid_Laser said:
What does Bayonetta have to do to be considered Nintendo IP at this point? Do they have to buy Platinum Games?

Bayonetta is a Sega IP, they'd have to either buy Sega, or the IP from Sega.

No thanks. Don't need "maturity" in my videogames. That's one of the main reasons I prefer Nintendo. Particularly the games listed in the poll need to remain T at best. It just doesn't serve any purpose for them to add ultra violence, sexual themes, or excessive drug use.

Around the Network

Doesn't Nintendo own/share the rights to Fatal Frame or something? Does that count?

If the definition of ‘mature’ is the M-rating, then I guess Metroid could pull it off. Could be a survival-horror game or something.

Metroid, but Zelda would benefit the most. An M rated Zelda would be a much, much better game.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
What does Bayonetta have to do to be considered Nintendo IP at this point? Do they have to buy Platinum Games?

Bayonetta is owned by Sega and Platinum.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Green098 said:
Doesn't Nintendo own/share the rights to Fatal Frame or something? Does that count?

It should but like the existence of ghosts the whole thing is very vague.