By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Nintendo IP Going Mature?

What Nintendo IP would mostly get an M-rated entry?

Zelda 2 3.70%

Metroid 32 59.26%

Sin & Punishment 6 11.11%

Xenoblade 3 5.56%

Fire Emblem 3 5.56%

Other (be specific) 8 14.81%

Total:54
CaptainExplosion said:
DonFerrari said:

I would say both genres are lacking good games in quantity for a long time. So I would like to see what Nintendo would make on those. And by mature you mean mature themes or just as others pointed in the thread gore, sex and drugs?

I mean M-rated. Perfect Dark is rated M, but it's level of violence isn't on the level of, say, Doom 2016, you don't see Joana Dark flashing her breasts at people or getting super wasted. I'm not saying Nintendo needs to do M-rated to that extreme.

Metroid Prime could've been rated M had it not been for the technicolored blood. Giving every creature in the game red blood would've been a huge step up from that.

Understood and agree. But considering that not being M sometimes brings more public perhaps that is why Nintendo done it. Although I also know that some games earned a lot more sales due to being M and teenagers wanting to be cool.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I choose Metroid but fire emblem could also work but not in the traditional sense though. I can see it being M in the same way as phoenix write or persona, not specifically going for a M rating but it happens anyway and they just go with it

If Fire Emblem 4 is the next game to get remade, I can see that easily get an M-rating. The first half of the game ends with nearly the whole main cast being burned alive, and the initial main villain is so obsessed with his banging his mother, he brainwashes his sister to bear his children after he sees how much she looks like her. And he succeeds.  

Metroid is possible, though it seem unnecessary to me. Perhaps a future Xenoblade but same thought. I guess I'd just have to see how it's done before casting judgment, I just hope there's a solid reason for the M-rating and not just trying to get that rating for its own sake. There's a certain level of gore and nudity that I find is ironically less mature than your average E-rated game.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

i think id prefer seeing their current mature properties released more often. One entry in eternal darkness. So much untapped potential with that non-franchise. a new fatal frame (preferably a reboot) could be awesome. Just don't try to force some gimmick on it and make it a genuinely good game.

I would like them to get a little bit mature with star fox. I'm not saying make an m-rated star fox, just t-rated with more mature ideas. I've been saying this forever, but i'd love to see a 3rd person cover based shooter (with alot of available vehicle opportunities kinda like halo or just cause). i'd like to see missions where your comrades are near death and fox has to deal with a little more emotion. Also, a bit more simplistically, i'd like there to be -star wars clone wars- type drones as the common enemy, and when you hit a head shot oil freaking sprays everywhere. I've seen fox and falco use blasters in Smash Bros. for so long now i'd love to see it done in a star fox game. And i mean one with well executed development. Was it Assault that you could get on the ground? cool ideas there but kinda poorly executed.