By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Grandia And Grandia II Coming To Switch As A Remaster

Bristow9091 said:
Azuren said:
I dunno. I can get behind playing it on Switch, but I can't earn trophies there...

As meaningless as they are, I do actually factor trophies into my decisions on these multiplatform games, moreso if they're available on PS4 and Switch, since I don't really bother with Steam achievements on PC lol

I do as well, just in the opposite sense, namely for JRPG or platformers with heavy collection element. I don't need something to remind me I didn't do 100%. 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Bristow9091 said:

As meaningless as they are, I do actually factor trophies into my decisions on these multiplatform games, moreso if they're available on PS4 and Switch, since I don't really bother with Steam achievements on PC lol

I do as well, just in the opposite sense, namely for JRPG or platformers with heavy collection element. I don't need something to remind me I didn't do 100%. 

Don’t you need some kind of notification to tell you that you ACHIEVED something of note when you kill 1,000 orcs? or walk around the world map 25 times? Maybe fighting a boss over and over again for 24 hours? =D

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Acevil said:

Don’t you need some kind of notification to tell you that you ACHIEVED something of note when you kill 1,000 orcs? or walk around the world map 25 times? Maybe fighting a boss over and over again for 24 hours? =D

I think the worse thing I experienced is flags in the first assassin creed, I had it mapped, got everyone but one. The one I was missing was glitched and didn't exist. I literally restarted the game, and started collecting them again, I gave up half way, but the fact I literally restarted a game because of this notion is/was concerning. This is the worse case example of me early on, I'm better now, don't go for the 100% as often. However I have literally stopped playing something because they put near impossible or insanely time consuming achievement/trophy in my way, even if I am not going for the 100%, just the notion it exists.

Last edited by Acevil - on 20 August 2018

Neat. I wonder if it's an actual remaster or if they just upped the resolution.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That's awesome! Grandia II was a big surprise hit for me (had a new DC and wanted to pick out a good RPG and randomly opted for that). I also think the game lends itself well to being portable what with all the grinding throughout. And I never actually played Grandia I, which makes this even better!

Just wish I hadn't bought a Grandia II remaster on Steam semi-recently >_

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:

Wow thats super cool!!!!

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/08/20/grandia-and-grandia-ii-coming-to-switch-in-hd-remaster

Wow, that's great. As if I didn_'t already have enough great RPG to play on Switch.

ZODIARKrebirth said:
nice, but would it like to see on ps4 too😉

I always support that more players on different platforms are able to play a game. So hopefully it is just that Nintendo has first announcement, but it hits other platforms too.

Wyrdness said:
Switch has been a good platform for RPGs and the success in Japan was only going to lead to more of them.

Yeah, and I can't play them all, which makes me sad.

KLAMarine said:
As if I didn't already have enough games to play. This looks enticing!

Exactly.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Nice, hopefully they come to PS4 aswell. If not then i'll probably pick em up :)

Azuren said:
I dunno. I can get behind playing it on Switch, but I can't earn trophies there...

That's the reason I currently only own 3 Switch games xD I'll always pick the version of a game that supports trophies, just like tracking my progress in a central place.

Excellent - never played either, but they've been on my JRPG list for a while.

Bristow9091 said:
Darashiva said:
Nice to see these games coming back, though I'm curious as to why they're only releasing on the Switch. Doesn't bother me too much since I already have both games, but this just seems like an odd decision.

Yeah I thought that too actually, the fact that it's skipping PS4 is rather confusing considering they were on Playstation consoles... oh well, I own both games and a Switch anyway, so meh

The video game world is full of confusing choices.  Like how the remaster of an SNES game (Secret of Mana) released on PS4 but not Switch.  Or how a collection of NES games (The Disney Afternoon Collection) released on PS4 & Xbox One, but not on Switch.  Pendulums swing both ways.