By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Do You Expect the Nintendo Switch to Sell Lifetime?

How Much Do You Expect the Nintendo Switch to Sell Lifetime?

Less Than 35 Million 74 3.82%

35-50 Million 155 8.01%

51-65 Million 209 10.80%

66-80 Million 461 23.82%

81-95 Million 448 23.15%

96-110 Million 343 17.73%

111-125 Million 91 4.70%

126-140 Million 47 2.43%

141-155 Million 18 0.93%

More Than 155 Million 89 4.60%

Total:1,935

81-96 million, provided it's successor isn't released too early. Although saying that, either way I see it's successor doing better than the Switch as the advancements in tech will close to perfect the hybrid concept.

Around the Network

Well, short term first. I think they will manage to 19M+ this fiscal year, get a confortable 37.
Next year, there is nothing that can hold it. Of course we wont have smash, but we will have pokemon, and the core one, people that didnt buy lets go will get switchs, following the momentum of smash and others, id bet in 18M.
for 2020 FY, I can easily see revisions. Both in the mini side and the pro side.some will upgrade, but mainly, it will atract new audiences(nintendo said it a lot), the ones that wouldnt buy a regular switch by the price, form factor. Also, for multiple devices in a house. Then, it can explode above the 20 million.
Keeping the support and a long life cicle(nintendo also said that), It can have healthy 15M+ for years following.

I go with 120M. Neck to neck with PS4.

SKMBlake said:
A lot. That's my bold prediction.

JK. I voted 81-95 millions but it could go higher if they release a hardware revision like they always do (Game Boy Color sales counted in pair with GB sales, so was the GBA SP, the DSi and the New 3DS, 2DS and New 2DS XL)

Oh. Yeah, if "Switch 2" is instead a "New Switch" or "Switch Advance" and therefore counted together with the original my 90 mill prediction can easily become too low.

vivster said:
Less than 100m I hope.

You hope? Why?

Replicant said: 
vivster said:
Less than 100m I hope.

You hope? Why?

So that my prediction isn't wrong, duh?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Replicant said: 

You hope? Why?

So that my prediction isn't wrong, duh?

Oh. Ok

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:

120-150m+

Anyone who says otherwise is a Sony fanboy.

LOL, apparently I'm a Sony fanboy.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Well, it depends how well the Switch can transform into an post-PS5/Scarlett-era. Currently Switch can maintain the image, of producing games that lok similar enough to hme console experiences on the go. I doubt this image can be uphold after the release of PS5 and Scarlett. If Nintendo is able to transform the image to a handheld era like the 3DS, it can sustain good sales even then. If not, then soon after a new console from Nintendo will be released.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Miyamotoo said:
IMO still too early to predict, depends from numbers of revisions and how long life span, IMO definatly 80m+, but where could end up really I can't really tell yet, I voted for 81-95 millions option.

Kinda agree with this, still too early, it's a fairly young console.

For the record; I chose the same option, 81-95 million. Interesting that over 80% believe it'll sell 100 million or more, seems like a lot of fairly high expectations for this machine. It has good appeal, but still needs constant attention to maintain momentum, let's give Nintendo at least another two-three quarters to show their mettle and what they have in store for us. Regardless of lifetime sales, I'm glad it's doing well and offering something else, like I said throughout the 7th gen; I dislike complacency being rewarded (in regard to the relatively impressive PS3 and 360 sales).

Mummelmann said:
Miyamotoo said:
IMO still too early to predict, depends from numbers of revisions and how long life span, IMO definatly 80m+, but where could end up really I can't really tell yet, I voted for 81-95 millions option.

Kinda agree with this, still too early, it's a fairly young console.

For the record; I chose the same option, 81-95 million. Interesting that over 80% believe it'll sell 100 million or more, seems like a lot of fairly high expectations for this machine. It has good appeal, but still needs constant attention to maintain momentum, let's give Nintendo at least another two-three quarters to show their mettle and what they have in store for us. Regardless of lifetime sales, I'm glad it's doing well and offering something else, like I said throughout the 7th gen; I dislike complacency being rewarded (in regard to the relatively impressive PS3 and 360 sales).

For the record I also could easily see 100m+, but for now IMO its too early for such a predictions, IMO for now safe bet is more than 80m.

I can see it barely hitting 80 million. Nintendo consoles tend to have a sharp decline in sales compared to Playstations, I don't think it'll have the legs of PS4.
I'd say it's already had it's peak year in 2017 if you consider it sold what it did in 10 months. I highly doubt it'll sell that much again.