By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 July 2018

Sub 200k weeks the PS4 needs a succesor quickly imagine the horror if the PS4 is worst year comes close to Xone is best year. PS4 is doomed. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Each week the X1 goes closer and closer to the sales of the 3DS than the other 2 systems.

Worth pointing out as well that the Switch US sales are greater than the combined sales of the X1+3DS in that region, really hope Nintendo can keep up the stream of quality first party games for it while keeping their gates fully open to any 3rd party willing to port titles from other systems onto it.

For me GTA/COD/Battlefield will be the milestones of the Switch no longer looked at as a companion device to either a PC/PS4/X1 but a great standalone gaming device for all players, that's just me of course.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Alby_da_Wolf said:

NS first for the third week in a row, but this time by a small margin.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
36 people in North America bought a Vita. I'm not even sure where they sell new ones now.

Yeah, it's really become an exclusive item, isn't it?   

Only the most hardcore collectors can get one.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

NS first for the third week in a row, but this time by a small margin.

Yeah, it's really become an exclusive item, isn't it?   

a modded Vita is a fantastic item to have in a collection right now, lets you play pretty much most retro games and has great arcade machine support, the emulated PSP which you can launch the Vita into allows you full access to the entire library of psp,psone and various other systems games as well.

Wouldn't be without my Vita.

If you are looking to get one now just make sure you get yourself a SD > Vita memory card adapter for the modded system (can only use these on modded consoles) but they're the only real way to go for memory cards on it, I have the official 64gb one which cost well over €100 and is absolutely trash for forgetting it's file system at times.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Sony should thank their lucky stars for Europe

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

a modded Vita is a fantastic item to have in a collection right now, lets you play pretty much most retro games and has great arcade machine support, the emulated PSP which you can launch the Vita into allows you full access to the entire library of psp,psone and various other systems games as well.

If you are looking to get one now just make sure you get yourself a SD > Vita memory card adapter for the modded system (can only use these on modded consoles) but they're the only real way to go for memory cards on it, I have the official 64gb one which cost well over €100 and is absolutely trash for forgetting it's file system at times.

I may get a used one in a few years.  Right now even when I buy a 3DS game, I end up spending my time playing the Switch instead.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I may get a used one in a few years.  Right now even when I buy a 3DS game, I end up spending my time playing the Switch instead.

The thing is though, I think the Vita is great right now for an emulation machine, realistically in a few years down the line chances are mobile tech will probably have introduced another device which does the job of the Vita a lot better, I heard good things about the Switch modding scene right now, but I'm coming up on the 100 digital games mark and don't wanna get my system banned by Nintendo.

Might actually buy a second Switch just to mod it, since I have a spare 128GB SD card now after upgrading my main system to 256GB

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Sony should thank their lucky stars for Europe

Nintendo should thank Japan.

ps4 is doing really good compared to the switch, if we think that the ps4 is some years older

ZODIARKrebirth said:
ps4 is doing really good compared to the switch, if we think that the ps4 is some years older

Yeah indeed, the Switch is 3 and a half years newer than the PS4/X1

conversely if you look at the 3DS in comparison to at least the X1 and think.... that's a handheld which launched in Feb 2011, 2 and a half years before X1 launched. Not to mention that the 3ds has in a way been replaced by the Switch in terms of Nintendo handheld device (while Nintendo are still supporting the 3DS and the Switch isn't solely a handheld system). Just think the 3ds is doing incredible consider it has been on the market for over 7 and a half years.