GOWTLOZ said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Sony should thank their lucky stars for Europe

Nintendo should thank Japan.

Touché

Around the Network

Ruh roh, Switch might be starting to drop! D:

kazuyamishima said:
Ps4 Is sold out at Amazon right now. It was having stock issues during this week?

Also the console is entering its 5th year cycle and it's selling on par with the switch (which is the hot item right now.) @$299.99

A $199 slim/$299 Pro will boost the sales more.

Consoles seldom have their peak in their first year (mostly the failures do). PS4 just comes off of the peak year 2017 and is still very strong. Switch is still ramping up sales. So declaring Switch is the hot item right now is a little bit of bending the reality. I mean, it is not wrong, but PS4 is at least equally hot. And it reflects in the sales.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Rob5VGC said:
Japan once again holding the PS4 back.

Well, it is Sony's fault. They showed the japanese customer that they aren't a priority for PS4. They released later and focused on western games. Only this year they started to focus to Japan, with Monster Hunter World. But the effect of that game has worn off, now Sony must put more effort in it to keep the japanese gamers.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mar1217 said:

Looking at the last software charts from France. I would think it sells mostly there and maybe a mix of Germany/Spain ... otherwise, it's not a massive juggernaut elsewhere from what I know.

It still doesn't totally add up.

From what we have here (UK, France and Germany and all of Europe at July 7) it's 28464 for the Switch and 28394 for the PS4 when combining UK, Germany and France sales, so basically the same if taken together. Even in the UK, which is often considered Nintendo's hardest market, the PS4 only has a 3k or about 30% lead over the Switch. However for all of Europe, Switch is at 51k (so less than double) while the PS4 is at 85k (so more than triple). That would mean that Switch is mostly flopping outside of the big 3 (which especially on account of Spain and Italy over the last months doesn't seem like correct), but also that the PS4 is, relatively speaking, rather unpopular in the big 3 compared to the rest of the continent.

Nintendo still has difficulties in eastern europe and smaller european countries. So the big countries paint a misleading picture.

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:

No, they earned europe, it's no luck. They made advertisment to european gamers, brought games these gamers are interested in, made representations even in smaller european countries and so on. This is the result.

Yeah, the European numbers are weird. Why would the Switch be down when Nintendo said momentum increased after E3 and software charts support this?

Mnementh said:
Rob5VGC said:
Japan once again holding the PS4 back.

Well, it is Sony's fault. They showed the japanese customer that they aren't a priority for PS4. They released later and focused on western games. Only this year they started to focus to Japan, with Monster Hunter World. But the effect of that game has worn off, now Sony must put more effort in it to keep the japanese gamers.

Eh, PS4 has had the backing of pretty much every major Japanese publisher, it basically only lacks Yokai Watch in terms of big Japanese IP.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Mnementh said:

Eh, PS4 has had the backing of pretty much every major Japanese publisher, it basically only lacks Yokai Watch in terms of big Japanese IP.

That doesn’t necessarily means that Japanese publishers know how to appeal to their own local market.

Mnementh said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

No, they earned europe, it's no luck. They made advertisment to european gamers, brought games these gamers are interested in, made representations even in smaller european countries and so on. This is the result.

Lol, "thanking their lucky stars" is a figure of speech wasn't meant to be taken literal.