By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 July 2018

Ps4 Is sold out at Amazon right now. It was having stock issues during this week?

Also the console is entering its 5th year cycle and it's selling on par with the switch (which is the hot item right now.) @$299.99

A $199 slim/$299 Pro will boost the sales more.

Around the Network

Japan once again holding the PS4 back.

Technical tie, good streak for Switch. But entering August and SpiderMan approaching I feel PS4 will be swing back very hard.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

axumblade said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
36 people in North America bought a Vita. I'm not even sure where they sell new ones now.

Probably just the barebones of what is left shipping them. Maybe Gamestop? Do Gamestop still sell New Vitas? 

Not in Canada. In fact the manager at one store told me the Sony rep told them to remove all the Vita software from display. And this is exactly what they have done, even as new games come in, they get put in the storage room or underneath the counter. And this was around 6 months ago already.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Mar1217 said:
zorg1000 said:
At the end of July Nintendo stated that momentum was increasing in every region since E3. These last few updates reflect that in North America & Japan but not in Europe where its down quite a bit, is there a reason for that?

Looking at the last software charts from France. I would think it sells mostly there and maybe a mix of Germany/Spain ... otherwise, it's not a massive juggernaut elsewhere from what I know.

Thats not really what im getting at.

What im saying is that at the end of July Nintendo said momentum has increased in EVERY region since E3 so sales in each region increased from mid June through July.

This site's sales for Europe has a 1 week boost for E3 week then slowly declining below pre-E3 numbers which contradicts Nintendo's direct statement about sales increasing in every region.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
zorg1000 said:

Thats not really what im getting at.

What im saying is that at the end of July Nintendo said momentum has increased in EVERY region since E3 so sales in each region increased from mid June through July.

This site's sales for Europe has a 1 week boost for E3 week then slowly declining below pre-E3 numbers which contradicts Nintendo's direct statement about sales increasing in every region.

Could be explain by the fact that VGC's numbers are not the holy grail of predictions too. A good indicator, yes, but not the final answer set in stone ^^

Sure but usually they adjust numbers to match official data or statements from the big 3. It was almost 3 weeks ago that Nintendo made the statement so you would think that this site would take that into account and their numbers would reflect that. Which is why i asked what the reason for the discrepancy is.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mar1217 said:
zorg1000 said:
At the end of July Nintendo stated that momentum was increasing in every region since E3. These last few updates reflect that in North America & Japan but not in Europe where its down quite a bit, is there a reason for that?

Looking at the last software charts from France. I would think it sells mostly there and maybe a mix of Germany/Spain ... otherwise, it's not a massive juggernaut elsewhere from what I know.

It still doesn't totally add up.

From what we have here (UK, France and Germany and all of Europe at July 7) it's 28464 for the Switch and 28394 for the PS4 when combining UK, Germany and France sales, so basically the same if taken together. Even in the UK, which is often considered Nintendo's hardest market, the PS4 only has a 3k or about 30% lead over the Switch. However for all of Europe, Switch is at 51k (so less than double) while the PS4 is at 85k (so more than triple). That would mean that Switch is mostly flopping outside of the big 3 (which especially on account of Spain and Italy over the last months doesn't seem like correct), but also that the PS4 is, relatively speaking, rather unpopular in the big 3 compared to the rest of the continent.

Yeah, the Xbox One and the 3DS are on their way out.

Now having that out of the way. The Switch and PS4 are close. I think Spiderman will help the PS4 over the Switch coming next, as stated in the npd thread. Certain releases will help the PS4 jump ahead a few times, but on the whole I think the Switch will gain more and more ground over the older console(s).

PS4 is doomed

.................................................... said the XB1

Where's curl? I've got some crow for him to eat, even if only by like 5k units.