By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do you think Trump will be elected a second term?

2nd term

yes 40 39.60%

I hope so 10 9.90%

no 42 41.58%

hope not, but can live with 6 5.94%

see results 3 2.97%

Total:101

Probably not, considering that Hillary Clinton was one of the most disliked candidates ever, and he still lost the popular vote. It's unlikely that the 2020 candidate of the Democrats is even less popular than Clinton, but that's hard to predict of course.

On the other hand, he has proved to be completely incapable to rule his country. People tend to like that, so this may be a huge advantage for him this time.

Around the Network

No, Trump will not win re-election in 2020. He continues to alienate the voters.
I'm putting my money on Andrew Cuomo to win in Nov. 2020. And this comes from a lifelong Republican.

I guess its possible. I was convinced Hillary would win, but we ended up with him and I don't see why a second them is Impossible.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I kinda want to see more of the outrage on the left. But then again I really want someone smarter* than Trump to start talking in front of the camera again.

spurgeonryan said:

Despite his behavior.

North Korea is talking with us. They lied to us and aren't stopping their nukes or missles and we can't even identify the remains to see if they were really US soldiers.

Stock Market at all time high. Only certain ones, while others are flat or down slightly for the year, and many investors think a recession is coming.

Jobless rate down. Barely, and the jobs that have been created suck and pay terribly, more automation on the way, jobs still leaving the country, and again, recession is coming, and it'll be worse than it should have been due to the tariffs and due to Republicans failing to cut the deficit despite controlling every branch of government.

He is supporting our military. What president doesn't support the military? Oh, you mean increase the budget? Increasing the military budget? Which we can't afford? And is already oversized anyway? Who cares?

He is pushing for space. With the Space Force? Come on man, we already had a space agency, it was just rolled into the Air Force. The Pentagon is against the new branch because it's wasteful, for one, because of the reason I just mentioned, and also because it will start a new space race, this time to militarize space, which is crazy dangerous. So much for peace.

It truly is a great time to be an American despite some hard things to swallow from him. Unless the haters come out in force, which they usually fail to do...why he was elected in the first place, I think he will get a second term.

Yeah, if the Democrats nominate another dud like Hillary, Dem turnout will be depressed again, I can't rule that out. But it's a terrible time to be an American. We're humiliated on the world stage, the economy is only growing for people who already had it all, all while the deficit grows making us unable to cope with the next recession. Also asbestos is legal now, so now construction companies can sneak it into buildings and we can all get cancer, all so that asshole can have his face on a Russian asbestos product. Just the millionth example of corruption taken to the next level with this administration. This is the reverse of drain the swamp, and it will only continue. You can't say America is great when corruption reigns supreme like this while the rest of us stagnate. No one is better off who wasn't already way better off than everyone else to begin with.

Around the Network
Nighthawk117 said:
No, Trump will not win re-election in 2020. He continues to alienate the voters.
I'm putting my money on Andrew Cuomo to win in Nov. 2020. And this comes from a lifelong Republican.

You're wasting your money. Cuomo might be able to win an election against Trump, but I doubt it. Even if he could, he'll never make it past the primary. Your being a lifelong Republican blinds you to the fact that the Democratic primary electorate thinks he's a crook, at least everywhere outside his state anyway. It'll come down to Bernie, Biden, Warren, and Harris, unless some unknown pops out of nowhere, which Obama sort of did. Any of those could win the general in theory, but Warren would have it toughest. Definitely not Cuomo though. I'd sooner put my money on an independent billionaire like Cuban or Bloomberg than Cuomo.

Nighthawk117 said:

What a fucking tragedy that would be. 

He has a realistic chance of winning re-election if the democrats repeat the same mistakes they previously made come 2020, which I think might be the case.

At this rate, its almost a given. If Dems want him out, they're going to have to severely change their strategy

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

spurgeonryan said:

Despite his behavior.

North Korea is talking with us.

Stock Market at all time high.

Jobless rate down.

He is supporting our military.

He is pushing for space.

It truly is a great time to be an American despite some hard things to swallow from him. Unless the haters come out in force, which they usually fail to do...why he was elected in the first place, I think he will get a second term.

Opinion?

I concur.