By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do you think Trump will be elected a second term?

2nd term

yes 40 39.60%

I hope so 10 9.90%

no 42 41.58%

hope not, but can live with 6 5.94%

see results 3 2.97%

Total:101

I hate what he's doing, as it's going to cripple the US over the long run.

But that's also the reason why I hope he gets reelected. Because when the markets will crash hard due to his policies, and crash they will, he won't be able to blame the democrats who otherwise would have inherited his absolute chaos with no chance of redeeming it in time to avoid the crash, and everybody will see just how toxic he's been to the US (and World) economy. And nobody will come help as he will have burned pretty much every single bridge with other countries by that time.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

But that's also the reason why I hope he gets reelected. Because when the markets will crash hard due to his policies, and crash they will, he won't be able to blame the democrats who otherwise would have inherited his absolute chaos with no chance of redeeming it in time to avoid the crash, and everybody will see just how toxic he's been to the US (and World) economy. And nobody will come help as he will have burned pretty much every single bridge with other countries by that time.

I'm hoping it crashes before the end of his first term, for similar reasons. If it all comes crashing down in 2020, just before the election, the backlash will be maximized, and the whole party will be thrown out of government. In this way, he nor any other repub gets to do any more damage for 4 additional years, and with a more friendly administration able to make diplomatic amends and maybe get some of our friends back, we'll be able to reach out for help in our recovery. This will allow us to recover faster, which will be important, as any collapse, and some sort of collapse is certain, will be global, and set back China and Russia as well. We need to be able to get back on our feet first, which means the West needs to be united, which is currently isn't thanks to Cheetoh in Chief. Otherwise, a geopolitical shift will happen towards autocratic regimes, and a new world order centered around absolute power rather than freedom and democracy will take shape. Some sort of shift towards Asia is inevitable as economies with billions of people in them start to develop, but I'd rather it not be Russia or China that makes the rules in the new world, but rather a coalition of democracies that includes India, which could in turn pressure China and Russia to democratize. We'll need it to go down this way because autocratic regimes don't tend to cooperate too much, mostly looking out for themselves, and with climate change on the rise, we'll need all the international cooperation we can get. For the sake of the future of humanity, the decline of America cannot be allowed to mean the decline of democracy.

John2290 said:
Yes. As it stands now there is no doubt about it and I think that is a great thing indeed. I'm not a Trump sucker but he has done some fantastic work these past near two years. If I were those people who wanted Trump gone,I'd change my tune as fast as possible because day by day they are pushing more people yo the right and Trumps politics with their incessant rambling and arguments about how Trump is this and that and Satin reborn, showing they are but shills and those who aren't don't care about the things that got Trump elected. Real world, everyday issues. There is no word of these things in media any more unless it anti Trump. People are pissed off and its more than enough to secure a second term purely out of spite.

indulge me.. what has he actually done. and if you talk economy & employment rates that would have happened regardless.. so.. what has he actually done, except separating toddlers from their mothers.. that's the high-point of his reign though. we could all agree on that right?

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Has Trump significantly pushed for space-programs?

Legitimately want to know about this.

No. Unless he ends the tariffs they will wreak havoc on the economy. Steel tariffs are hitting the few Manufacturing jobs the U.S. has left really hard. One bolt making factory had its orders drop by 70% in just a week after the tariffs were announced.

People vote more based on the economy, and not on social issues.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 14 August 2018

Around the Network

I don't want Trump to be elected for a second term; I wouldn't want to see him taking possession of a power position on the US ever again, but something tells me people are gonna vote for him again. Not only the republicans but also the indecisive. Why? Because he's probably the most recognizable name and figure right now in politics despite the numerous missteps he has made. With the democrats not having a powerful opposition right now, something tells me he's gonna win "by default".

Of course he will - and America is going to be an ugly place when he does because of the hysteria that'll break out. If you think the Left is batshit crazy right now - wait until he wins AGAIN in 2020. The outrage culture and intolerant left will f***ing explode...

Pretty sure he’ll win a second term quiet easily. The democrats have become a bunch of babies constantly crying about losing 2016. Plus there seems to be no one on their side worthy of selecting for a potential run. If Hillary runs again, she’ll just lose and look pathetic again.

They need to regroup after his second term ends and try to take it then cause trump won’t lose 2020.

My thoughts on the matter anyway. Feel free to agree or disagree. :)

I hope not, but nothing will allow me to underestimate the idiocy of the general American populace. So I chose yes. These are the people who voted for a 2nd term of George W Bush after all.

John2290 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

HylianSwordsman said:

I'm hoping it crashes before the end of his first term, for similar reasons. If it all comes crashing down in 2020, just before the election, the backlash will be maximized, and the whole party will be thrown out of government. In this way, he nor any other repub gets to do any more damage for 4 additional years, and with a more friendly administration able to make diplomatic amends and maybe get some of our friends back, we'll be able to reach out for help in our recovery. This will allow us to recover faster, which will be important, as any collapse, and some sort of collapse is certain, will be global, and set back China and Russia as well. We need to be able to get back on our feet first, which means the West needs to be united, which is currently isn't thanks to Cheetoh in Chief. Otherwise, a geopolitical shift will happen towards autocratic regimes, and a new world order centered around absolute power rather than freedom and democracy will take shape. Some sort of shift towards Asia is inevitable as economies with billions of people in them start to develop, but I'd rather it not be Russia or China that makes the rules in the new world, but rather a coalition of democracies that includes India, which could in turn pressure China and Russia to democratize. We'll need it to go down this way because autocratic regimes don't tend to cooperate too much, mostly looking out for themselves, and with climate change on the rise, we'll need all the international cooperation we can get. For the sake of the future of humanity, the decline of America cannot be allowed to mean the decline of democracy.

I hope you're not Americans because that is that stupidest thinking I've heard in the whole despise Trump movement. Even if you aren't Americans it's still pretty repugnant, You rather watch a country burn and a great many people around the world suffer financially, many perhaps tipping the edge into life threatening poverty just to spite Trump, see him fail so you can feel better about hating him. That's some sick, dark twisted stuff.

I don't like to see a country burn, but it will burn due to Trumps decisions. He inherited an economy moving forward at full speed and is continuously crippling it, he inherited a nation most people looked up to in the world and now most rather look away or even down to. I just don't want it to burn when the democrats are in the oval office, as then the blame would fall on the wrong people.