By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Online LIVE, 20 NES and upcoming titles, Service FAQ, cloud save details, requirement depends on publisher

NightlyPoe said:
The funny thing is that people were acting like this was something to get excited about not too long ago. Really, all it is is Nintendo downgrading the product (lowering the number of consoles with access to online play) and making us pay for the privilege. No one has ever been able to explain how that's a good thing.

Gives me access to a library of NES games enhanced with online play or support for a subscription fee of around 5cent per day.

That's a good thing in my book.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Mainly I’m interested in the access to the Virtual Console library.

I don’t care about price, I mostly want access to the same games that I have on Wii plus some of the new Wii U ones. I did have a gigantic library. I want the security of knowing those games are available to me and not lost to the abyss of time.

Do you have some reason to believe that you'll get access to your old VC games?  

mZuzek said:
NightlyPoe said:
The funny thing is that people were acting like this was something to get excited about not too long ago. Really, all it is is Nintendo downgrading the product (lowering the number of consoles with access to online play) and making us pay for the privilege. No one has ever been able to explain how that's a good thing.

Or maybe some people, such as post above me, really are excited about this, and some other people, such as myself, have seen this as a crap move from the day it was announced.

Don't generalize things, dude. What you call "people" is a bunch of hundreds of thousands of persons, each with their own things to say.

Edit: and furthermore, besides not generalizing people, you also shouldn't jump at the "hypocrite" argument so quickly. People change their minds over things all the time, for any number of different reasons, such as finding out some new information, or thinking about it a little bit deeper, or just giving it a while and find out you changed as a person. So, maybe people who were excited back then and aren't anymore believed this would give us a robust retro gaming library, or maybe some believed paying for online would finally mean dedicated servers, or whatever. People have a right to change opinions... of course, this isn't common knowledge on the internet.

Fantastically said, if the NES library thing turns out to be rubbish (I forsee them rotating games often with some extra clause of like... pay 10e extra if you want to keep onto those games for an extra month so as to squeeze extra cash from this service) then I'll be re evaluating my thoughts on if it's worth it or not for me, considering I already have a ps4 with psn+ on it where I also own Rocket League and Fortnite so that just would cut out MK8D and Splatoon 2 from my online playing on the Switch if I didn't subscribe to the service. Will just have to see how it pans out, like you said though, there is no march of lemmings going into stores and buying any product blindly.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I don't mind it. It will cost me £1.5 pm (with 12 months subscription), so basically nothing. I just wish it'd come with better online service and built-in voice chat.

20$ is nothing for a full year... and they will give us something for it.. there's no way it going to be like it is now.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Naum said:
20$ is nothing for a full year... and they will give us something for it.. there's no way it going to be like it is now.

There should also be discounts, but no details on it yet. If you can get a digital discount on 4/5 Nintendo games for around 20$ on a year, it could be worth it for that reason.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Updated the OP with the new info so far.

These are the 10 NES games:
Balloon Fight
Donkey Kong
Dr. Mario
Ice Climber
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros 3.
Soccer
Tennis
The Legend of Zelda

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-switch-online-app-will-let-you-voice-chat-during-play-sessions-for-the-nes-subscription-games/

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

VAMatt said:
Jumpin said:

Mainly I’m interested in the access to the Virtual Console library.

I don’t care about price, I mostly want access to the same games that I have on Wii plus some of the new Wii U ones. I did have a gigantic library. I want the security of knowing those games are available to me and not lost to the abyss of time.

Do you have some reason to believe that you'll get access to your old VC games?  

I only want to be able to have those games on Switch. I don’t care if I have to repurchase all of them, I only care that I won’t lose access to them if my Wii stops working.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

how can I pre-pay this?

Switch!!!

The low price seems kinda dumb. If they had put SNES and N64 games at the start (though I'm guessing those systems will eventually be added) so that this could be seen for sure as a VC successor, they could have easily charged $40 a year and probably brought even more people onboard.