By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Online LIVE, 20 NES and upcoming titles, Service FAQ, cloud save details, requirement depends on publisher

HintHRO said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

By the way.

Do you have a Nintendo Switch ?

No, because I had a Wii U. So a Switch doesn't offer me anything new or special atm.

Thanks.

But you are so weird man.

Most of your comments are related to Nintendo Switch.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/106391/hinthro/posts/#content

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 10 August 2018

Around the Network

I wonder if this will have an effect on sales or free to play games like fortnight. Are F2P games on switch going to be locked behind the paywall?

I love it how people are upset by having to pay for this, when Nintendo has said, since January 2017 that online will not be free. Oh and also all online games (from ninendo) say that online will require an subscription. Oh and I also forgot that one of the first things the Switch tells you when you create your online enabled account is that online will not be free.

NoA is also starting its posting with SMB3 online

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I'm beginning to wonder if Nintendo will ever put out a proper direct for the coming payed online.

I am pretty sure we will have at least one Direct in September, real question if will be separate Direct for Online or it will be integrated with regular Direct, I am betting on intgerated. :)

Darashiva said: 
Honestly, I still don't think that the features on offer justify the price of the service. I know it's cheaper than the competition, but Nintendo isn't exactly providing a wealth of content or features on the service at launch. 20 NES games at launch is laughable considering the massive backlog of games that Nintendo alone has on offer. If this turns out as another drip feed of one or two new games a week like they've done in the past on Virtual Console, then I just don't see myself paying for the service any time in the next few years at least.

To be fair main point of service is playing games online, and from that standpoint of view $20 for hole year is cheap, I mean thats only 1/3 of price of MK8D or Splatoon 2.

bananaking21 said: 
I wonder if this will have an effect on sales or free to play games like fortnight. Are F2P games on switch going to be locked behind the paywall?

I think F2P games will not be locked.

HintHRO said: 
No matter how bad and limited Switch online is, y'all will still buy it to play Smash online. That's why they will never learn it.

People enjoying playing online games like Splatoon 2, MK8D, ARMS, Mario Tennis, Fifa, NBA, Smash Bros...so its not strange at all that people are willing to pay only $20 for hole year to play online.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

How do Sony and MS handle F2P games on their networks?

Signature goes here!

Can anyone explain to me how their free NES games work? Is it like PS Plus where they give a number of free games every month, but if you're not a member you'll miss out on those games?

I plan on getting my Switch in November so will I be missing out on the free NES games for the month of Sept and Oct?

V-r0cK said:
Can anyone explain to me how their free NES games work? Is it like PS Plus where they give a number of free games every month, but if you're not a member you'll miss out on those games?

I plan on getting my Switch in November so will I be missing out on the free NES games for the month of Sept and Oct?

They said that it would be like a Netflix-like service, where you can access all NES games added

Meh, will inevitably cave in due to Smash Bros and cloud backup, I’m not confident that Nintendo will improve the meh P2P connection quality but I guess we’ll see.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I'll wait to see exactly what's on offer, but I mean for €20 a year that's kinda a jokingly low asking price considering right now I find myself enjoying a fair bit of games like
- Rocket League
- Fortnite
- MK8D
- Minecraft
- Splatoon 2
- Paladins
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

If they do place Fortnite behind the paywall (which, because others have asked, the PS4 does not require PSN+ to play while the X1 does require users have XBLG to access online in Fortnite) I think that the number of parents who will be slightly miffed but have to buy it because their little handheld baby sitting devices are easily worth €20 for a year of peace and quiet rather than the whinging that will come from denying the access to the service.

But yeah... at €20/Y the service isn't actually any real impact to me, I figure something that I could pay for right now til I'm well over 500 years old isn't something I'll be losing too much sleep about paying.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive