By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's first half of 2018: How bad is it?

Just a slight correction as I have seen this number erroneously used multiple times.

"Labo sold 1.39m already and we all know that this will be big in the holidays. "

That's not quire right. Labo shipped 1.39m to retailers and we do not know at all if it will be big in the holidays. And multiple insiders on resetera have confirmed that Labo has not crossed one million units sell-through as of yet.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
GoOnKid said:

What was the price of The Last of Us or GTAV on PS4 when they released? I can't remember.

TLOU:R was $50, and it was only one year old, and came with the DLC so it was essentially a GOTY edition. I think GTAV was $60, but again it's a game that was only one year old.

Also, imo,   scope matters. DkC And Kirby shouldnt be more than 40-50$ to begin with in 2017. Releasing too many 2d games has been a mistake on their part for years. I'm not saying don't make any, but charge appropriately and don't waste resources ensuring u make on average 1 a year. Maybe more like every 2-3 years. 2d Plats were great in the 90s.  Let's get w the times.

Megiddo said:

Just a slight correction as I have seen this number erroneously used multiple times.

"Labo sold 1.39m already and we all know that this will be big in the holidays. "

That's not quire right. Labo shipped 1.39m to retailers and we do not know at all if it will be big in the holidays. And multiple insiders on resetera have confirmed that Labo has not crossed one million units sell-through as of yet.

Right. tmfwang also said that already. I'll put that in my OP. Thanks to both of you.

axumblade said:
I find your lack of Yoshi in the 2019 list quite saddening. :P
Otherwise, I am glad someone has looked at the year somewhat rationally. No one was expecting the Switch to do better than the year that Mario and Zelda released but I don't see why people thought that it would just die off (maybe because of the Wii U...but that was a system that wasn't even supported right from the get go and releases got really sparse for it.). This one started with a great first year and already announced content for this year and 2019.

But do we know if it'll come in 2019 or will it rather follow the way of KHIII?

I would say the first half of the year was fine for the Switch.

Around the Network
Mr.GameCrazy said:
I would say the first half of the year was fine for the Switch.

I agree my pink, round, squishy friend.

GoOnKid said:
DonFerrari said:
You want to say 2018 wasn't bad, but also wasn't expect to be good because there were less SW, but then defend all SW launched as very good, plus criticisms aren't acceptable... all over the place =p

The numbers were ok, we justt need more time to see if it was just a momentarily drop or will change the expected sales curve.

How do you come to this conclusion?

Your wording and unwilling to accept others seeing the value of Labo a less than 80USD.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

axumblade said:
GoOnKid said:

But do we know if it'll come in 2019 or will it rather follow the way of KHIII?

As of now, Nintendo are just saying it's delayed until 2019. I would hope it wouldn't get delayed much longer. It's a platformer, not an action RPG so it shouldn't take nearly as long as KHIII has taken. If they did turn it into an RPG, maybe I'd be willing to wait past 2019 for it lol.

Granted, turning Yoshi into an rpg is unlikely, I guess. Added Yoshi to the list.

DonFerrari said:
GoOnKid said:

How do you come to this conclusion?

Your wording and unwilling to accept others seeing the value of Labo a less than 80USD.

Whatever, dude. We have a thread for that where all of us already discussed that topic to death. No need to repeat that here.

GoOnKid said:
axumblade said:

As of now, Nintendo are just saying it's delayed until 2019. I would hope it wouldn't get delayed much longer. It's a platformer, not an action RPG so it shouldn't take nearly as long as KHIII has taken. If they did turn it into an RPG, maybe I'd be willing to wait past 2019 for it lol.

Granted, turning Yoshi into an rpg is unlikely, I guess. Added Yoshi to the list.

DonFerrari said:

Whatever, dude. We have a thread for that where all of us already discussed that topic to death. No need to repeat that here.

Yes sure, that is why you didn't put that in the OP right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
GoOnKid said:

Yes sure, that is why you didn't put that in the OP right?

*sigh* I know I'll regret this, but what exactly triggered you this time?

Note in advance: I'm not going to change anything because you feel offended.