By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Playing through the inferiour version of Wolfenstein 2 made me buy the inferiour version of...

Doom. Yes, i took mobility over everything. Even price, though 25€ wasn't that expensive. Getting the game for Xbox One would have cost 12,99€ though.

But right now i enjoy and need the flexibility of Switch while i hardy find the time to play on my Xbone.

Yes, from a technical perspective, Doom as well as Wolfenstein are pretty low end on Switch if you compare them to the other versions. But even with the worst of all downgrades, framerate (no, it's really not resolution) bothe games are playable. Doom is at least with the current patch level.

On the other hand there's the option to change between mobile and tv, which is absolutely great for me right now. Especially handheld mode saves my gaming live at the moment.

Yes, there are reasons to take the seemingly inferiour if not worst version of a game and enjoy it this way.

And yes, there's one issue as well. Pricing. I got Doom really cheap, but i had a bit of luck. Getting Doom for PS4One for less is pretty easy. Getting ports earlier might be one solution to also get the price down at the same time as on the other consoles. Having to pay the full price for 'old' games really sucks sometimes.

Right now i hope that Dark Souls Remastered isn't that far away anymore and that it will be priced way closer to the PS4One versions. Getting games on Switch in time and at the right price will be one key for multiplat success, at least for the multiplat games we get on Switch within the next few years.

But there's plenty of reasons to play multiplat games on the weakest though most flexible hardware.

Around the Network

I feel the same. I got both games and don't regret it at all. Was a bit worried when getting Doom first, but game looks and runs much better than I thought. Of course there are shortcomings, to be expected, but they don't deter from the overall experience which is the same as on my PC (where I got Doom first when it came out). Impressive to play these games on the go and a big joy

I got Doom and Wolfenstein on Switch the days they came out and have been playing them both to death. I just don't have enough time anymore to play on the PS4, but I can sneak in fifteen minutes here and there on the Switch.

Whatever makes you happy, man

Get Paladins. Awesome game and runs at 60! I was not expecting that for the Switch version.

Also, great to hear you picked up Doom. Great games deserve sales.

Around the Network

Just do what you want. No reason to seek validation.

Indeed, I recently made the opposite decision, but I mainly play on my TV so it only makes sense. I use my Switch for Bayo 2, Octopath, and Ys VII right now and my PS4 Pro for Monster Hunter, Persona 5, and Dragonball FighterZ. For extended plays on the go, I use my Switch. For less than an hour, I use my VITA with remote play over wifi hotspot. All depends on what mood I am in.

I also played DOOM on the Switch, had a blast. Hope you do as well!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I have been playing the hell (?!) out of Doom on the go recently and having a Blast.

This is why I have been an advocate for Remote Play, and a future PlayStation and Xbox Phone. I am on the go a lot, and play via Remote Play all the time. Having the ability to pay for a game once, and have it available on Vita, PS4, and PS4 Pro is an incredible value.

That was also a huge selling point for me with the Switch. Being able to play Zelda and Mario on the TV, and on the go, with full console quality is exactly what I have always wanted from Nintendo. I am looking forward to Smash and Lets Go Pikachu this fall, because whether I am at home, or on the go, I will be able to play.

I have tried a couple 3rd party games on the Switch, but found that I can still get a better expereince via Remote Play on Vita and PSTV from my PS4 Pro. That said, it is great to have multiple options to access my Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and 3rd party games whenever and wherever I want.

Now, I just want Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo to offer a connected Mobile gaming device with access to their library so I can have my games, and my phone all in one device again. Nov 2013 - Apr 2017 when I was using Vita as my Phone, and Remote Play to PS4, was the best years of gaming I have expereinced so far. Having the ability to play AAA Retro style games day and date with console via a single purchase, on a PlayStation, Xbox, or Switch Phone would be perfect colmination for classic style games.

Only thing that will top that is once VR reaches the point that is is possible on Mobile and Home.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
This is why I have been an advocate for Remote Play, and a future PlayStation and Xbox Phone. I am on the go a lot, and play via Remote Play all the time. Having the ability to pay for a game once, and have it available on Vita, PS4, and PS4 Pro is an incredible value.

That was also a huge selling point for me with the Switch. Being able to play Zelda and Mario on the TV, and on the go, with full console quality is exactly what I have always wanted from Nintendo. I am looking forward to Smash and Lets Go Pikachu this fall, because whether I am at home, or on the go, I will be able to play.

I have tried a couple 3rd party games on the Switch, but found that I can still get a better expereince via Remote Play on Vita and PSTV from my PS4 Pro. That said, it is great to have multiple options to access my Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and 3rd party games whenever and wherever I want.

Now, I just want Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo to offer a connected Mobile gaming device with access to their library so I can have my games, and my phone all in one device again. Nov 2013 - Apr 2017 when I was using Vita as my Phone, and Remote Play to PS4, was the best years of gaming I have expereinced so far. Having the ability to play AAA Retro style games day and date with console via a single purchase, on a PlayStation, Xbox, or Switch Phone would be perfect colmination for classic style games.

Only thing that will top that is once VR reaches the point that is is possible on Mobile and Home.

Remote play is nice... If you are willing to sink in the cellphone fees required for that. Also not every place has decent cell or wifi coverage. I barely have enough latency for smash 3ds on campus.

For example, people in Australia would be screwed so hard...