By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Playing through the inferiour version of Wolfenstein 2 made me buy the inferiour version of...

GoOnKid said:
quickrick said:

Well the thing is PS4 has virtually every third party game available  for it, plus exclusives. i got me a ps4 round  250$ 3 years ago with the GTAV and last of us bundle, sold GTAV  for 50$, made my ps4 around like 250-300$ can't remember. getting a PC is not worth it at this point, as i move around from country to country every year or so, plus ps5 is coming out soon, and i expect 60fps to be a option in most games. limiting yourself to only switch is just sad to me, cause it's not like you're only missing out on sony exclusives, you virtually missing  out on most big games from almost every third party. this particular poster also seems to really interested in most third party games but only has a switch doesn't make sense to me.

Yes quickrick, okay, but he values different things differently like you and some others differently than me. He is not wrong in thinking that gyro aiming is the best thing ever. It's just his thing. Also, I'm pretty sure he even owns a PS4, he mentioned that in a while ago in another thread. Same as me, by the way, I also own a PS4 and I still bought Doom on the Switch instead of the PS4. The reason? I value the ability to play it EVERYWHERE in my apartment much, muuuuuuch higher than pixels and frames. And therefore, everyone of us can be happy because every need can be satisfied.

he doesn't care for  gaming on the go, and he only owns a switch IRRC, but hey it's his preference, he only wants to own a nintendo console that's cool, i just don't understand it personally mainly cause third party support is awful. 

Around the Network

that's cool I just recently canceled my order for the Southpark double pack on ps4 so I can now play the inferior version of both titles on my switch

Can it be called the inferior version when it has gyro-aiming and portability?

Jumpin said:
I love seeing the hopeless PC and PS4 evangelists in here flailing around against the people with different gaming preferences.

No need to antagonize. Chill.

Even if i don't use the Switch as a handheld that much, having the possibilty really change the game. You don't feel like you're stuck on your coach and you can leave whenever you want.

Around the Network

First, as others have stated, different people have different priorities. And even if Doom on Xbox One (X) wouls have been way better technically, it wouldn't have been mobile.

Aside from raw power, Switch is actually great in playing 'your way'. Play on tv, mobile, with standard or gyro control or Wiimote style is really great. The only real issue here is that other consoles have way more power because they're not mobile. Going for 4K isn't everybodys choice.

xxbrothawizxx63 said:

Portable Doom was worth the entrance price. I think 95% of people would be just fine with that version undocked. 

Wolf II definitely wasn't from a gameplay perspective. Doom is the better port anyway. Wolf just gets too blurry. Playable, but far from optimal. Doom's resolutions should have definitely been the floor. I feel like they missed the point with this port. They just turned down settings and kept everything else the same, but the lower resolution that results from that choice makes it difficult to appreciate all that detail anyway. 

I'm not really agreeing here. You're right that the resolution going down more often/lower is an issue with Wolfenstein 2. Though maybe we'll see that patched to some degree. At the same time the faster paced and more close range Doom get's hit harder by the 30fps frame rate. In the end both play better than i had expected.

KLAMarine said:

Definitely not, as long as smaller RAM hasn't forced to simplify or dumb down the game, nor to split in parts levels that other platform can load whole, lower res graphics are already more than fine for a portable and just a matter of tastes for a home console. I play on a tablet that was mid-range in 2014 and on an old PC with a Radeon R7 250, so I don't consider NS graphics by any means bad.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
KLAMarine said:

Definitely not, as long as smaller RAM hasn't forced to simplify or dumb down the game, nor to split in parts levels that other platform can load whole, lower res graphics are already more than fine for a portable and just a matter of tastes for a home console. I play on a tablet that was mid-range in 2014 and on an old PC with a Radeon R7 250, so I don't consider NS graphics by any means bad.

You gotta sacrifice something for that portability factor.

KLAMarine said:

You gotta sacrifice something for that portability factor.

Right. Question is, is mobility worth the downgrade? To me it definitely is.