By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Playing through the inferiour version of Wolfenstein 2 made me buy the inferiour version of...

Agree with OP, hybrid nature of Switch can make you buy some multi platform games on Switch even if you can play more technically better versions on XB1/PS4/PC.

Around the Network

It's not even a matter of portability for me, I never take my Switch out of the dock. Gyro aiming though? That alone is enough to make the Switch versions of Doom and Wolf II the superior ones to me. Resolution be damned, I want my motion controls.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 July 2018

curl-6 said:

It's not even a matter of portability for me, I never take my Switch out of the dock. Gyro aiming though? That alone is enough to make the Switch versions of Doom and Wolf II the superior ones to me. Resolution be damned, I want my motion controls.

I loved the Wii pointing controls for Metroid and other shooters. Cannot for the life of me get used to them on the Switch, they feel out of place. Granted I've tried them for just an hour at a time (Splatoon, Skyrim) yet I find them extremely uncomfortable.

TheBraveGallade said:

Remote play is nice... If you are willing to sink in the cellphone fees required for that. Also not every place has decent cell or wifi coverage. I barely have enough latency for smash 3ds on campus.

For example, people in Australia would be screwed so hard...

That's why choices are nice, and Phones from PlayStation, Microsoft, and Nintendo with 'native' access to your library would be so nice. 

I use Remote Play a lot, but there are times that I don't have the connection for it. That is when the native Vita, and now Switch titles come in handy. 

Ideally, come 2020 and next gen, it would be great if we have the choice to play on our Home Console or Handheld Phone natively, or via Remote Play or Streaming services on all other devices. Basically one purchase, or one subscription, and you have access to your games everywhere. You just choose whether you want to buy through Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, EA, Ubisoft. Steam, Apple, Google, Amazon, or any other competitior.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Switch owners don't need to justify their purchases.

If you're comfortable with a significantly lower frame rate and visual fidelity on a machine that's more expensive than a more powerful console, that's fine. But you are a minority.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Switch owners don't need to justify their purchases.

If you're comfortable with a significantly lower frame rate and visual fidelity on a machine that's more expensive than a more powerful console, that's fine. But you are a minority.

Awwww and you were off to a good start, on your first sentence. Then went downhill as usual. Oh well...

routsounmanman said:
curl-6 said:

I loved the Wii pointing controls for Metroid and other shooters. Cannot for the life of me get used to them on the Switch, they feel out of place. Granted I've tried them for just an hour at a time (Splatoon, Skyrim) yet I find them extremely uncomfortable.

I've tried both Doom and Splatoon, and I'd say the gyro aiming works best for 3rd person shooters than for 1st person shooters, whereas the pointer did wonders for FPS like Metroid Prime. I guess finding differences it's inevitable, portability meant the pointing had to go.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

That is the point. The portability is what makes them different.

If you only play on the TV though, you are better off getting a better version.

Nem said:

I only play on the TV, but I'd rather play at sub-HD with gyro aiming than at 1080p without it.

curl-6 said:
Nem said:

I only play on the TV, but I'd rather play at sub-HD with gyro aiming than at 1080p without it.

Fair enough. If you care about that kind of thing.