By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Playing through the inferiour version of Wolfenstein 2 made me buy the inferiour version of...

I'll never understand buying the much inferior version of game, when you have much better options available on cheaper consoles that 4-5 years old. I'm replaying bloodborne, and the frame rate and blurry graphics are annoying even though it is a amazing game, even GOW in highest difficulty really has some big frame rate issues, already can't wait for ps5, and hopefully most competent developers will a performance 60fps mode.

Around the Network

I agree getting FPS on Swtich. I have a laptop that can play these games better than any console can. I cannot play FPS with outdated controls from 1996. Dual analogue is terrible once you know how to properly use Gyro controls/keyboard. Honestly, the reason why I don't bother with PS4/Xbox One is that they are graphically inferior to PC and much less mobile than the Switch. It is like why go half way? Just get a PC if you care about graphics or a Switch if you want mobility. The only real advantage of the HD twins redux is to get physical copies of everything.

I plan to get Doom in the Black Friday special. It will be fun to play one of the most Nintendo like game not made by Nintendo.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

routsounmanman said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Switch owners don't need to justify their purchases.

If you're comfortable with a significantly lower frame rate and visual fidelity on a machine that's more expensive than a more powerful console, that's fine. But you are a minority.

Awwww and you were off to a good start, on your first sentence. Then went downhill as usual. Oh well...

Nothing I said was wrong though.

Most people that will play a game like Wolf 2 or Doom won't do it on Switch. Portability is nice, but not everybody is looking for that or wants to trade the fidelity of visuals/performance.

Even if I was in a situations I was traveling a lot, I would use the Switch for experiences unique to that platform or ports with less sacrifices.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 17 July 2018

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
routsounmanman said:

Awwww and you were off to a good start, on your first sentence. Then went downhill as usual. Oh well...

Nothing I said was wrong though.

Most people that will play a game like Wolf 2 or Doom won't do it on Switch. Portability is nice, but not everybody is looking for that or wants to trade the fidelity of visuals/performance.

Even if I was in a situations I was traveling a lot, I would use the Switch for experiences unique to that platform or ports with less sacrifices.

100% agree.

Portable Doom was worth the entrance price. I think 95% of people would be just fine with that version undocked. 

Wolf II definitely wasn't from a gameplay perspective. Doom is the better port anyway. Wolf just gets too blurry. Playable, but far from optimal. Doom's resolutions should have definitely been the floor. I feel like they missed the point with this port. They just turned down settings and kept everything else the same, but the lower resolution that results from that choice makes it difficult to appreciate all that detail anyway. 

Last edited by xxbrothawizxx63 - on 17 July 2018

Around the Network

Okay.  

Personally, portability is meaningless to me.  If I'm at home and want to play videogames then I want the best and most comfortable experience I can get.  If I'm away from home then most likely I'm going to be doing something and won't have the time for focus to play games.  Besides that, I hate even carrying a smartphone around, much less something even bigger and more cumbersome.  For me, the increased costs coupled with other sacrifices related to a portable system are a definite negative.  

I think the Switch getting 3rd party ports is great, however the sacrifices for a game like Wolfenstein 2 are far too big for my taste, personally i’d much rater play exclusives or 3rd party games that genuinely benefit from portability.
I don’t travel a lot so i’m sure being able to play Doom in a hotel would be great, but even in that situation i would much rather play something like Octopath or Mario and just play Doom when i’m back at my house.

I can’t imagine how terrible Wolf 2 must look on a 70 inch tv when the resolution drops to 360p, there’s something to be said about Bethesda lack of standards, most publishers would just give up the port at that point, not really sure if their “port it no matter the end result” attitude is actually good or not.

Rember Skyrim on PS3??? Yeah... thank god i played that one on PC.

Last edited by Valdath - on 17 July 2018

quickrick said:
I'll never understand buying the much inferior version of game, when you have much better options available on cheaper consoles that 4-5 years old. I'm replaying bloodborne, and the frame rate and blurry graphics are annoying even though it is a amazing game, even GOW in highest difficulty really has some big frame rate issues, already can't wait for ps5, and hopefully most competent developers will a performance 60fps mode.

Different people have different priorities. For some people, like myself, graphics take a back seat to gameplay. I was having too much fun with Wolfenstein II on Switch to really mind the low resolution.

Valdath said: 

I can’t imagine how terrible Wolf 2 must look on a 70 inch tv when the resolution drops to 360p, there’s something to be said about Bethesda lack of standards, most publishers would just give up the port at that point, not really sure if their “port it no matter the end result” attitude is actually good or not.

Speaking as a Switch owner I'd much rather have the version we have now than none at all. I finished Wolf II on Switch a few days ago and I enjoyed it immensely.

curl-6 said:
quickrick said:

Different people have different priorities. For some people, like myself, graphics take a back seat to gameplay. I was having too much fun with Wolfenstein II on Switch to really mind the low resolution.

Valdath said: 

Speaking as a Switch owner I'd much rather have the version we have now than none at all. I finished Wolf II on Switch a few days ago and I enjoyed it immensely.

wolfenstien runs at 30fps  compared to 60fps and has super blurry graphics both make gameplay worse.

quickrick said:
curl-6 said:

wolfenstien runs at 30fps  compared to 60fps and has super blurry graphics both make gameplay worse.

For me those are massively outweighed by the enormous benefit of gyro aiming, which makes gameplay dramatically better.