By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Housemarquee (and Bluepoint) games are basically second party anyway. But its nice Sony finally put a ring on them. HM now has access to Sony's tech and vice versa, I can't wait to see what they release next. If Sony greatly expands HM, they could create multiple teams, each working on different projects. Like one for smaller scale arcade games and a main team for bigger AA or even AAA ones. Can't wait to see their next games!

Now just Bluepoint to go

Around the Network

There were rumours about Sony wanting to acquire Arc System Works.

So after Bluepoint, that could be the next studio they can get.

Also, Ember lab would be a great addition.

Welp lol, not my Silent Hill!

Yeah.. Bloobers recent game looked like a poor mans SH with no combat and their older games quite mediocre. Not holding much hope for the new SH.

Baffling decision by Konami tbh, think the Pachinko money got to their head.

Such a waste, Silent Hill metacritic 65-70 confirmed.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
hinch said:

Welp lol, not my Silent Hill!

Despite their flaws, Bloober Team is more likely to honor the core tenets of SH than Kojima would have.  Doesn't matter what kind of star power he can bring in if he starts getting self-indulgent with the script.

There's my gaming hot take of the day.

I mean we finally get an announcement of a new Silent Hill. Its just Bloober Team are garbage tier (imho) for such a franchise.

The thing is Kojima actually makes good games lol.

Imagine cancelling Kojima and outsourcing a beloved franchise to these guys xD

Modern Konami never fails to disappoint. A proper sequel to Contra.. though is gatcha and on mobile. Makes new Silent Hill though is outsourced to some mediocre copy pasta devs. So disappointing, hopefully their other game is better but I'm not expecting much.

Definitely don't miss A Plague Tale. It's one of my favorite games of recent years. Will probably replay it myself to see what enhancements have been made for the new version.

I feel like PS4 owners kind of got screwed this month. I know a lot of people like COD, but plenty don't. A Plague's Tale is the top pick this month for most, and it's only a monthly game for PS5 owners.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

I feel like PS4 owners kind of got screwed this month. I know a lot of people like COD, but plenty don't. A Plague's Tale is the top pick this month for most, and it's only a monthly game for PS5 owners.

I mean, I dislike COD as much as the next gamer out there...but the reality is that it still sells remarkably well and a LOT of people like it. I prefer stuff like Ratchet & Clank or Dark Souls/Bloodborne, but one Call of Duty game sells about as much as the entire Souls or Ratchet & Clank Franchise. As much as I begrudgingly hate to admit it, the reality is that it's a good pick, even if I personally hate it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android