By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Around the Network

Just got the platinum trophy for the second time on my alt-account (This time on the hardest difficulty) and I have to say...yeah Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is damn near perfect. I beat it three times in a row (once on normal mode, once on a harder difficulty challenge mode, and once on the hardest difficulty on my second account) and I still wanna play it! Rivet is cute as hell, I actually really like Kit and Emperor Nefarious and all the alt-dimension versions of the characters we know and love, and holy hell the final level/gauntlet/boss fight is truly, TRULY epic.

I Still think it'd be nice to have more arena fights and maybe some sort of traversal through space like Going Commando and A Crack in Time, but aside from those two small areas which could use improvement it's damn near perfect! Oh, and I guess the trophy list is a little TOO Easy. I'd like for there to be some sort of 'beat the game on the hardest difficulty/challenge mode' trophies, but alas we are not there. I did it, I loved it, I would do it again!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Housemarque has been purchased by Sony.

vonny said:

Housemarque has been purchased by Sony.

I thought Returnal was a commercial failure, well, according to some vgc users, it is ? 

But this is such great news, they are a fantastic and very talented studio.

I hope they can deliver more Returnal in the short future and more amazing games as always. 

Around the Network

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/06/29/welcoming-housemarque-to-the-playstation-studios-family/#sf247184082

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/06/29/welcoming-housemarque-to-the-playstation-studios-family/#sf247184082

Also seems they've purchased BluePoint.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/06/sony_acquisition_of_bluepoint_games_supposedly_leaked_by_image_mistake

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Bristow9091 said:

In other news, I finished Final Fantasy VII Remake last night, and by last night I mean I was up until almost 5am finishing it, lol... the ending was, well... something... but I really enjoyed the final boss battle, and the game overall was great, especially the new music tracks! If they continue to use the exact battle system with the next part, I'll be very happy, because I went from "liking" it at the start, to pretty much loving it by the end!

Every time I restart the game I'm reminded just how amazing the battle system is. Sadly my personal gameplay style has not done well for me and I keep failing to finish a game I know I love. 

Same thing with Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon Zero Dawn. I know I'll love em, so it sucks that I keep getting sidetracked. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

As an aside I do find it funny how many people are decrying this for its hypocrisy, saying 'Sony ponies bemoan Xbox buying Bethesda but praise this?' Like, there's context to consider, here.

1 - Housemarque has basically been owned by Sony for years now, since they almost exclusively make games for Playstation platforms.
2 - Sony has been nurturing the company for just as long and have had a wonderful working relationship.
3 - Housemarque is a relatively small indie studio, not some major once-third-party publishing house worth billions

If Sony bought EA or Ubisoft or Activision I'd think that was just as bad. The only potential exception is maybe Square Enix, because Square-Enix is a Very Japanese company and, again, has been affiliated with Sony for a long time now and has been partnering with Playstation going into this generation. There's a world of difference between Microsoft buying Bethesda and Sony buying Housemarque/Insomniac/Sucker Punch, and I really wish people would stop conflating the two based on arguments that are completely devoid of all historical context.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX