By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

hinch said:

Yeah I'm from the UK.. and it gave me the option as soon is it hit 12. I'm guessing they unlock it within respective times in different regions. Bit past 1AM here, oh well late night gaming xP

Aaaah, therein lies the difference! I thought you were in the US/North America. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
hinch said:

Yeah I'm from the UK.. and it gave me the option as soon is it hit 12. I'm guessing they unlock it within respective times in different regions. Bit past 1AM here, oh well late night gaming xP

Aaaah, therein lies the difference! I thought you were in the US/North America. 

Ah yeah sorry, should haven mentioned that xP Not long to go now though!

But yeah managed to get a bit of game time in and wow looks and plays great, 60fps all the way!

Not sure if there are much difference between the two modes besides resolution / fps. There might be a few more effects on the fidelity mode, will have to see when DF releases a technical breakdown. I think you're right 4K at 30fps. Performance mode is 1440P/60. No raytracing for either modes from what I'm reading https://www.thegamer.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-intergrade-graphics-or-performance-mode/

And I was wrong about updating via a patch. You need practically download the PS5 version of the game - which is why it took so long to 'install' from within. The disc is only there to check the license and if you eligible to get the upgrade. The game is ever so slightly smaller at 84.9GB vs 90+GB on the PS4 version.

Last edited by hinch - on 09 June 2021

hinch said:

Not sure if there are much difference between the two modes besides resolution / fps. There might be a few more effects on the fidelity mode, will have to see when DF releases a technical breakdown. I think you're right 4K at 30fps. Performance mode is 1440P/60. No raytracing for either modes from what I'm reading https://www.thegamer.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-intergrade-graphics-or-performance-mode/

And I was wrong about updating via a patch. You need practically download the PS5 version of the game - which is why it took so long to 'install' from within. The disc is only there to check the license and if you eligible to get the upgrade. The game is ever so slightly smaller at 84.9GB vs 90+GB on the PS4 version.

IT's unfortunate that it's actually BIGGER after all the games that are WAY smaller on PS5, but I'm okay with it. I got an 8TB external so I'm not hurting for space. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Got FFVII Remake Intergrade with the InterMission DLC....and holy hell the Cacstar weapon is like 10 USD (13.49 CAD!) That's literally half the price of the entire InterMission DLC!

I also tried to export the game to my External HArd Drive but it got an error and made me redownload it. Bah. I won't play till tomorrow anyway. Even then, just waiting on Rachet

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

https://www.powerpyx.com/ratchet-clank-rift-apart-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Turns out you don't need to play all the way through NG+/Challenge mode, you just gotta start it to buy the last couple weapons.

Also, I forgot how amazing FFVII Remake is. This game is stupendous! I knew that before, but hot damn I often forget just how good it is. The combat system is divine (A perfect blend of action and turn-based RPG), the graphics are some of the best, the art direction is superb, and the story is even better than I remember! some of the character dialogue is...really obnoxious, though. Like, holy hell it's almost like they were actively TRYING to make it cringe-inducing. But I kinda like it. Adds to the charm of an anime weeb game.

I am really excited for FFXVI after this.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Counterpoint to the "Days Gone was unfairly treated" narrative:

It's okay to like it, but I'm glad Bend is moving on to other things.

Yeah i wasn't too fond of Days Gone, played a few hours of it and it got repetitive fast. Didn't help that the the characters/story were uninteresting.

Death Stranding Directors Cut announced (PS5)

Kojima such a troll lol

TallSilhouette said:

Counterpoint to the "Days Gone was unfairly treated" narrative:

It's okay to like it, but I'm glad Bend is moving on to other things.

I'm 50/50 with Girlfriend Reviews. some of their stuff I LOVE, most of it I'm kinda neutral on, and some of their reviews - like this one - just make me cringe. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX