By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you save Ellie?

Ellie or vaccine?

Ellie 39 41.05%

Vaccine 56 58.95%

Total:95
m0ney said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

if a single human has so little value that it can EASILY be sacrificed and murdered

Who said easily? It was anything but easy for the Fireflies leader to make that decision, but as I understand you didn't even play the game? Then IMO you shouldn't even be taking part in this discussion in the first place.

Oh one has to play that game to have a moral opinion on the value of human life?

And yes it was easy to her, she (Marlene) was only pretending it wasn't easy to justify her SICK beliefs, your sick beliefs too by the way.

And yes I played that game, many times actually. You are wrong and then wrong again but that would be ok if you were not morally evil on top of that.

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Oh one has to play that game to have a moral opinion on the value of human life?

And yes it was easy to her, she (Marlene) was only pretending it wasn't easy to justify her SICK beliefs, your sick beliefs too by the way.

And yes I played that game, many times actually. You are wrong and then wrong again but that would be ok if you were not morally evil on top of that.

I'll only say that your name is very appropriate.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

OMG really? I'm crazy cause I FUCKING VALUE THE FUCKING LIFE OF A CHILD???

And you are sane cause you'd sacrifice them in a heart beat by selling them out so they can be murdered?

Damn if I had known we'd have this convo when I made this account and if I had known you'd call my nickname appropriate in REGARD to what is discussed here I would have called my self "ProudToBeCrazyGamer2017".

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 01 July 2018

CrazyGamer2017 said:

OMG really? I'm crazy cause I FUCKING VALUE THE FUCKING LIFE OF A CHILD???

What makes you think I don't?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

yup .

Around the Network
Areym said:
Spedfrom said:
I would have saved Ellie anyway. But the fact I was FORCED to do it infuriated me to no end and made me feel cheated on an otherwise magnificent game.

Because the TLoU is not your story, it's the story of Joel and ellie. You're moving the story along, you're not making the decision yourself. You're forced to do it cause it's what Joel would have done, probably 10 out 10 times. If ND is telling the story of Joel, it wouldn't make sense for you to inject yourself at the last few minutes and retconn the story by making a decision that would betray Joel's new found paternal love for ellie. I could understand if the game had giving you multiple decisions to be made throughout the game AND then force you into one at the end but that isn't the case. Honestly, there was no indication that this last decision would be based on our input.

I could only accept that explanation if it had been a cutscene, rather than an interactive moment. In this case it feels interaction was allowed only to be robbed of the decision purposefully. 

Spedfrom said:
Areym said:

Because the TLoU is not your story, it's the story of Joel and ellie. You're moving the story along, you're not making the decision yourself. You're forced to do it cause it's what Joel would have done, probably 10 out 10 times. If ND is telling the story of Joel, it wouldn't make sense for you to inject yourself at the last few minutes and retconn the story by making a decision that would betray Joel's new found paternal love for ellie. I could understand if the game had giving you multiple decisions to be made throughout the game AND then force you into one at the end but that isn't the case. Honestly, there was no indication that this last decision would be based on our input.

I could only accept that explanation if it had been a cutscene, rather than an interactive moment. In this case it feels interaction was allowed only to be robbed of the decision purposefully. 

Not really sure what you mean, that kind of cutscene would be a bit too on the nose. The only interaction is if you want to kill the nurses in the room (the doctor is forced/part of the story) and again, based on the game not allowing for any moral decision to be made by the player, i'm not sure why the player would expect the game to let you make that decision on your own. Granted, it would have been fine if there was no sequel (as the game could simply have 2 endings) but I'm sure they had plans of sequels from the start.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Would have taken the vaccine choice myself tbh.

Sorry but bond or no bond she's got to go. The benefit so outweighs any selfish desire to save someone who isn't even your own blood. It sounds harsh but it's the truth. If it was my own child, that isn't something I could do. They'd have to pry her from my dead grasp if she was my actual daughter.

m0ney said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

While I recognise this is a joke, I think the insanity argument is actually one of the strongest arguments in favour of CrazyGamer2017's point of view.

There are thousands of examples of people who thought they were saving the world - or something similarly important - by killing innocent people. To date, they've all been wrong. I've personally got friends who were killed by a man who thought it was necessary to save Norway.

Every single one (to my knowledge) either grossly overestimated the threat, or grossly overestimated the effect of killing the civillians. That's why approaching this problem, you should always have a sense of humility - how do I know I'm not insane?