By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you save Ellie?

Ellie or vaccine?

Ellie 39 41.05%

Vaccine 56 58.95%

Total:95
Pineapple said:
m0ney said:

I'll only say that your name is very appropriate.

While I recognise this is a joke, I think the insanity argument is actually one of the strongest arguments in favour of CrazyGamer2017's point of view.

There are thousands of examples of people who thought they were saving the world - or something similarly important - by killing innocent people. To date, they've all been wrong. I've personally got friends who were killed by a man who thought it was necessary to save Norway.

Every single one (to my knowledge) either grossly overestimated the threat, or grossly overestimated the effect of killing the civillians. That's why approaching this problem, you should always have a sense of humility - how do I know I'm not insane?

Not really. Alot of people were making reasoned points behind their choice while crazygamer choice was based on his feelings and dogmatic belief.

Around the Network

Yeah, I'd save her.

As for the ongoing discussion regarding Joel and his choice, I'll just give my two cents on the matter: the Fireflies didn't give them a second to even say goodbye to each other. Joel and Ellie went from a very dangerous situation where both almost die to Joel being told "Ellie's gotta die" without any break in between or any sort of acknowledgement between both. I'm not sure what the hurry was (outside the possibility of them being afraid Ellie would refuse, even if chances of this were slim), but it put Joel into a very easy choice to make.

Besides, some people make it seem that by choosing Ellie you instantly doom mankind to extinction. I disagree with this approach, since mankind has pretty much adapted to living with the infected in their day-to-day, as evidenced by the game's prologue (when you walk around with Tess in the city) or when you meet Joel's brother, who is clearly leading a group of people who regain energy power and are going to settle as the good old cities used to, while noting that infected is "the world we live in now". Sure a vaccine would make everyone's life easier, but it's not like there's an immediate need for it by the time TLoU ends.

Wright said:

Besides, some people make it seem that by choosing Ellie you instantly doom mankind to extinction. I disagree with this approach, since mankind has pretty much adapted to living with the infected in their day-to-day, as evidenced by the game's prologue (when you walk around with Tess in the city).

Yeah, that seemed like a great way of living...

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:

Yeah, that seemed like a great way of living...

"It's the world we live in now". (Dunno if that's the actual quote, speaking from memory)

Besides I'm not talking about the quality of life per se. It's still a living, therefore there's no reason to think mankind is doomed whether a vaccine is made or not. There's an organized hierarchy (dunno who the armored guards answer to, but they're there), there's food distribution, and there's personal space. If we look at the The Last of Us 2 gameplay trailer, there's also cities that pretty much enjoy festivities and tranquility (unsure what exactly shatters that peace since it's not revealed in the trailer). So yeah, it's a living.

Vaccine. I would even give myself up if it meant saving everybody else.

Around the Network

You guys will never get all of the Infinity Stones with that attitude.

#KillEllie2018

d21lewis said:

#KillEllie2018

Because aiming for the Infinity Stones is lacking ambition. The condensed anger of Thor mixed with the Stormbreaker was able to withstand - and surpass - the combined forces of the Infinity Stones directed at him. What does this tell us?

Condensed Joel anger and El Diablo can surpass anything, so Thanos better get outta the way.

Wright said:
d21lewis said:

#KillEllie2018

Because aiming for the Infinity Stones is lacking ambition. The condensed anger of Thor mixed with the Stormbreaker was able to withstand - and surpass - the combined forces of the Infinity Stones directed at him. What does this tell us?

Condensed Joel anger and El Diablo can surpass anything, so Thanos better get outta the way.

That's a damn good argument. As long as Joel aims for the head, I'll change my stance.

#SaveEllie2018

Poll results show that most people want bloo.. vaccine

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

d21lewis said:

As long as Joel aims for the head,

We can only hope he munched enough herbs and pills through his adventure, to combat that weapon sway.