By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you save Ellie?

Ellie or vaccine?

Ellie 39 41.05%

Vaccine 56 58.95%

Total:95

I am replaying The Last of Us and just got to the last stage - I would def choose to make a vaccine rather than save Ellie. What is one girl vs the whole human race?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Joel had one job. A job that lady (I think her name was Chicky McGhee) died for. He couldn't get the job done because he fell for a sassy mouthed killer child.

vaccine would be the best choice

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I say vaccine, but I'm not someone who lost a child and then dealt with idea of enduring that loss again.

The issue is weighing risks and rewards. Imagine you go for the vaccine and it fails so all your efforts meant nothing and her death was in vain. I'm not sure what percentage it would take for me to sacrifice the person I care about most for the great good.

It's a very selfish choice to choose Ellie over the vaccine, but kinda understand why he made the choice he made. He was still suffering over the loss of his own daughter and here comes this girl, they spend a whole year experiencing so much together there is no way Joel wouldn't develop some parental feelings for her. So he makes a choice that doesn't involve him losing his daughter all over again.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
d21lewis said:
Joel had one job. A job that lady (I think her name was Chicky McGhee) died for. He couldn't get the job done because he fell for a sassy mouthed killer child.

He bonded with Ellie through horrific circumstances. Would you sacrifice your adopted daughter (if you had one) for the potential of a cure? 

...i hope not.

You would kill all of humanity for 1 person?

...I hope not.

John2290 said:
KLXVER said:

You would kill all of humanity for 1 person?

...I hope not.

Pretty sure I would if it came down to a binary decision but the world doesn't work like that, it necer would and the closest being would be a serious of progressively narrow choices however in the case of Ellie it's not about killing humanity. It's a small hope of a potential cure for a better world and you bet your ass anyone close to me is not getting sacrificed for that. It's the equivalent of throwing someone into a volcano for better weather and crops but with science behind it. 

Not really. Ellie was immune to the disease. There was evidence to show that she could help people from becoming "zombies". Plus its what she herself wanted.

I would tell her the truth and the cost of it all to her, and let her decide. It's her life and she'd have the right to do what is best. Things only gets worst when you hide it only for it to be revealed later and comes crashing down.

Vaccine. I asked myself what I would do if I was HER, not him, and I would have picked vaccine as well, just like she did. Joels choice was shit and annoyed me.

The Vaccine was the better choice.

I wonder how will Ellie react when she finds the truth?