By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you save Ellie?

Ellie or vaccine?

Ellie 39 41.05%

Vaccine 56 58.95%

Total:95
CrazyGamer2017 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'd pick the most logical choice.

Procreation.

You mean you'd fuck Ellie? Yeah she's kind of cute and as long as you don't force her... But this is not what is asked here, also she's gay...

Don't overthink it too much man. 

Around the Network

1) About the bond he created during their journey:

She has this bond as well, mind you. She witnessed all this shit by herself, too. And yet, she STILL wanted to help humanity. She is a teenager and yet smarter than an adult. She still sees the bigger picture while Joel is a selfish madman.

2) About the hurdles of distribution afterwards, and the slim chances of success altogether:

Yes, problems may arise afterwards, but humanity would still be one step closer to salvation no matter what. The premise would be much better anyway. Even when the chances are small, you still need to try it, especially in extreme situations like in the game. Saying that the problems are too much of a hassle so let's cancel the one year trip with the many, many sacrifices already done is terribly selfish and lazy. The moment you stop trying is the moment you instantly lose.

I mean, what kind of bullshit have they been through all this time? How many battles had they been through? And yet, just before the end of it all, just before they reached their goal which they have been working for throughout this entire trip it all suddenly becomes meaningless? Really? This is stupid! Joel had more than enough time to get accustomed to the idea, but NO, he just decides to shit on everything, do a 180 and ignores her will just so he can keep travelling around with her because he likes it that way. What kind of nonsense? He not only destroyed the slim chances of success, he also forces his will over Ellies.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

So I'd save Ellie any day, she is NOT responsible for what happens to mankind, it's NOT her job or destiny to die to save others. Killing her would be murdering a healthy human.

If you guys think life is just a mathematical equation where you can kill one to save others, you have serious issues with your moral compass, which is kind of expected from the masses I guess.

That is utter BS. What about situations where you have to choose who will live and who die? (Mass Effect, The Walking Dead). How do you apply your morality to those? I will be waiting your answer :grin

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'd pick the most logical choice.

Procreation.

You mean you'd fuck Ellie? Yeah she's kind of cute and as long as you don't force her... But this is not what is asked here, also she's gay...

Anyway it's weird to see this question asked so many years after that game's been released but sure why not.

So I'd save Ellie any day, she is NOT responsible for what happens to mankind, it's NOT her job or destiny to die to save others. Killing her would be murdering a healthy human.

If you guys think life is just a mathematical equation where you can kill one to save others, you have serious issues with your moral compass, which is kind of expected from the masses I guess.

But... What about all of the other people you killed? A few, probably weren't even threatening you (yet). Didn't hesitate then, did you? So you can take that "holier than thou" attitude elsewhere, Joel!

d21lewis said:
KLXVER said:

You would kill all of humanity for 1 person?

...I hope not.

A few things.

1. She wasn't his daughter. She was his assignment.

2. Humanity was at risk. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Don't you Star Trek?

3. He had to lie to her. If his actions were noble, he could let her decide.

4. In saving Ellie, Joel killed several people. Doctors who were just doing their job. Who made the decision to do what was best for humanity. Joel killed them without hesitation.

Would I sacrifice my adopted daughter? I have a real daughter and, for the greater good, I'd sacrifice myself for them. If she grew up and joined the military, I'd respect her wishes and I'd understand why she would be willing to risk it all. I understand that Joel lost his real daughter at the beginning of the game and maybe he saw Ellie as someone who could fill the void but, in the end, he was selfish. He didn't even give "his child" an option.

Not sure why you quoted me since we agree, but good points nonetheless.

Around the Network

I love how people are rationalising this as if the choice Joel made was some sort of moral choice.

If you believe Joel made the wrong choice, tomorrow, go to your fathers or mothers or children and tell them to their face: 'You know, if I had to choose between possibly saving humanity and saving you, I'd let you die.'

This is a nonsense of a conversation.

The PS5 Exists. 

twintail said:
Was the vaccine, and the large scale production of it, ever fully guaranteed at any point in the game?

The only thing in this life that is guaranteed is death.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

GribbleGrunger said:

If you believe Joel made the wrong choice, tomorrow, go to your fathers or mothers or children and tell them to their face: 'You know, if I had to choose between possibly saving humanity and saving you, I'd let you die.'

They would sacrifice themselves without anyone needing to tell them anything, because it's the right thing to do.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

m0ney said:
GribbleGrunger said:

They would sacrifice themselves without anyone needing to tell them anything, because it's the right thing to do.

It's your choice, not their's ... remember? Go on, tomorrow, do as I've said. After all it's only theoretical and not the same as what Joel did.  I'm sure they'd understand that you value others over them. 

I hate these conversation because people are not being 'real'. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Never did understand why Ellie had to die. I didn't get that part, you don't have to kill someone to find out why they are immune, just take blood and DNA samples and start experimenting, else what do you gain? A dead immune person and no way of replicating the blood/DNA. I certainly wouldn't kill the people doing it though... of course I don't live in that world so no idea who I'd really react to anything.

Last edited by The Fury - on 28 June 2018

Hmm, pie.