By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Switch version of Dragon Quest XI will have content not in the PS4 version

Cerebralbore101 said:
Hiku said:

The whole game came out in Japan a year ago.
Some times developers add extra content for people who had to wait long, or for them to double dip.

Resident Evil 4 on PS2 for example had Ada Wong's story campaign, which wasn't present in the Gamecube version.

Ok yeah, that makes more sense. That's fine then. So long as PS4/PC users are offered a chance to buy that extra content as DLC. Right? 

Unless it's Nintendo-related, like you get to travel through the world with Epona or you get Fire Emblem costumes.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Ok yeah, that makes more sense. That's fine then. So long as PS4/PC users are offered a chance to buy that extra content as DLC. Right? 

Unless it's Nintendo-related, like you get to travel through the world with Epona or you get Fire Emblem costumes.

Obviously. 

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Probably just the 3DS version of the game, but who knows.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

NintendoPie said:

The only extra I want is for it to release within the next 8 or so months. That's all I'm asking.

They will think, You are asking too much , LOL 

Jranation said:
They need a reason why they going to charge it at full price......

And release it probably two years or more later when it was announced for Switch before the platform was even properly shown. 

Around the Network
Nem said:
I would expect so. But i also expect the performance and graphics to be worse.

How amazing would their PR team need to be to sell lower resolution as an extra content mode? European extreme (ly low res) mode? 

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Including also 3DS version of game would be great and than Switch version would be quite deal despite very late release.

Miyamotoo said:

Including also 3DS version of game would be great and than Switch version would be quite deal despite very late release.

Agreed, combining the PS4 and 3DS version would be awesome. But it is Square, what should we really expect. Please be excited.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

Ganoncrotch said:
Nem said:
I would expect so. But i also expect the performance and graphics to be worse.

How amazing would their PR team need to be to sell lower resolution as an extra content mode? European extreme (ly low res) mode? 

That's the Make America Great Pixels Again mode

Ha, PS4 players are about to be excluded.
Another win for Nintendo.

Maybe if Sony was more supportive of mods, PS4 players would be able to experience the exclusive content too.