By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Switch version of Dragon Quest XI will have content not in the PS4 version

They kind of have to if they want the game to sell in Japan after making Japanese Switch owners wait for two years.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Dragon Quest XI Switch: Echoes of an Elusive Release Date.

This was one of the first games announced for Switch, and they're still struggling to get it out in time.

I think this was announced before anything else for the "NX", even before Zelda or something. If I remember right, DQ XI was actually the first announced game for Switch.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Shaunodon said:
Dragon Quest XI Switch: Echoes of an Elusive Release Date.

This was one of the first games announced for Switch, and they're still struggling to get it out in time.

I think this was announced before anything else for the "NX", even before Zelda or something. If I remember right, DQ XI was actually the first announced game for Switch.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I remember.

Makes sense that they are going to put more content in the Switch version. This game is far bigger in Japan than it is anywhere else. Square Enix wants as many people as possible buying the $60 portable version of the game.

Probably something related to Zelda or Fire Emblem. Could totally see it being similar to having the Master Sword in the Switch version of Skyrim.

Around the Network

They need a reason why they going to charge it at full price......

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I read somewhere it was a translation error, no idea if it’s true or not.

Hope it’s nothing substantial or i’ll be forced to double dip :p

here

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/square-enix-cant-say-anything-about-additional-content-in-dragon-quest-xi-for-switch

looks like they didn’t confirm or deny it.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Hiku said:

The whole game came out in Japan a year ago.
Some times developers add extra content for people who had to wait long, or for them to double dip.

Resident Evil 4 on PS2 for example had Ada Wong's story campaign, which wasn't present in the Gamecube version.

Ok yeah, that makes more sense. That's fine then. So long as PS4/PC users are offered a chance to buy that extra content as DLC. Right? 

Unless it's Nintendo-related, like you get to travel through the world with Epona or you get Fire Emblem costumes.

PAOerfulone said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Ok yeah, that makes more sense. That's fine then. So long as PS4/PC users are offered a chance to buy that extra content as DLC. Right? 

Unless it's Nintendo-related, like you get to travel through the world with Epona or you get Fire Emblem costumes.

Obviously. 

Probably just the 3DS version of the game, but who knows.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid