By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Switch version of Dragon Quest XI will have content not in the PS4 version

It will have the DLC released for the PS4 version included on the Switch version. If the port is a year out, it only makes sense.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Shiken said:
It will have the DLC released for the PS4 version included on the Switch version. If the port is a year out, it only makes sense.

Not if Nintendo secured the extra content as part of their port deal. 

Shiken said:

Dragon Quest XI doesn't have any DLC on PS4...

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/05/yuji-horii-explains-dragon-quest-xi-doesnt-microtransactions-dlc/

This was most likely a deal with Nintendo and the content will most likely be exclusive to Switch.

Dragon Quest XI : Breath of the W- .... Dragon !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Well its only fair since the PS4 version has something that the Switch versions doesn't: a release date.

Also the tweet mentions an HD Remake of DQ 3 in DQ11 style. They haven't decided on it yet but are exploring the idea before DQ12.

I understand Japanese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Well its only fair since the PS4 version has something that the Switch versions doesn't: a release date.

Also the tweet mentions an HD Remake of DQ 3 in DQ11 style. They haven't decided on it yet but are exploring the idea before DQ12.

I understand Japanese

Woah! That'd be legit, thanks for the translation. I remember earlier before DQXI released they said they started DQXI development by recreating the first few areas of DQ3 in the XI engine, so it wouldn't bee too far of a stretch. 

I would expect so. But i also expect the performance and graphics to be worse.

It’ll have Kingdom Hearts 3 imbedded into the game. As post-game content.

Could be a Zelda tie in. Could be the 2D SNES style version found in the 3DS version.

I'm down for that. I still don't have faith it will even see the light of day though.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick