By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Switch version of Dragon Quest XI will have content not in the PS4 version

Shiken said:
It will have the DLC released for the PS4 version included on the Switch version. If the port is a year out, it only makes sense.

Not if Nintendo secured the extra content as part of their port deal. 

Around the Network
Shiken said:
It will have the DLC released for the PS4 version included on the Switch version. If the port is a year out, it only makes sense.

Dragon Quest XI doesn't have any DLC on PS4...

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/05/yuji-horii-explains-dragon-quest-xi-doesnt-microtransactions-dlc/

This was most likely a deal with Nintendo and the content will most likely be exclusive to Switch.

Well its only fair since the PS4 version has something that the Switch versions doesn't: a release date.

Also the tweet mentions an HD Remake of DQ 3 in DQ11 style. They haven't decided on it yet but are exploring the idea before DQ12.

I understand Japanese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
Well its only fair since the PS4 version has something that the Switch versions doesn't: a release date.

Also the tweet mentions an HD Remake of DQ 3 in DQ11 style. They haven't decided on it yet but are exploring the idea before DQ12.

I understand Japanese

Woah! That'd be legit, thanks for the translation. I remember earlier before DQXI released they said they started DQXI development by recreating the first few areas of DQ3 in the XI engine, so it wouldn't bee too far of a stretch. 

I would expect so. But i also expect the performance and graphics to be worse.

Around the Network

It’ll have Kingdom Hearts 3 imbedded into the game. As post-game content.

Could be a Zelda tie in. Could be the 2D SNES style version found in the 3DS version.

I'm down for that. I still don't have faith it will even see the light of day though.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Nothing major i bet. I'de rather have it a year sooner.

Nuvendil said:

Could be a Zelda tie in. Could be the 2D SNES style version found in the 3DS version.

I was kind of leaning towards that, which would be really sweet. Especially since we're not even getting a localised 3DS port.