By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do we still look forward to Nintendo's E3 directs?

Metroid33slayer said:
The mini direct in January had far more new announcements than the E3 direct. I think that says it all.

Now we have to wait for the Nintendo direct 2020:

E3 is dead. Long live E3.

- Nintendo direct E3 2020 -

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Its disappointing because it is their second year. Time to be merciless and kill it lol.

If they wanted to do a smash direct may as well not even done a show for E3. Just should have said we streaming treehouse stuff and be their on the floor with playable demos.

Talk about overreaction.Not every E3 presentation going to be an explosion of exciting announcements.Companies cant make games that fast.There are going to be some that are good, and there are going to be others that are bad.Sony this year had nothing new, first party wise.What mostly saved them was the fact that the ones they shown, didnt have the gameplay shown already for the most part, and that they can also rely on third party stuff, like RE 2 Remake.

Jeez

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Eh, I don't care for E3 nor even Nintendo's directs. They just feel like huge commercials honestly. Time better spent playing video games or doing anything else.

Nintendo shows games you can play. Then they let people play those games on the floor, and show people online how the games are played via the Treehouse streams.

They're absolutely the No Nonsense Bunch at E3.

This year they only really surprised me by having a version of Smash lined up that I actually want. I didn't expect that. I'd hoped for other surprises though. Later in the summer maybe. We can't ever know with Nintendo anymore.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Talk about overreaction.Not every E3 presentation going to be an explosion of exciting announcements.Companies cant make games that fast.There are going to be some that are good, and there are going to be others that are bad.Sony this year had nothing new, first party wise.What mostly saved them was the fact that the ones they shown, didnt have the gameplay shown already for the most part, and that they can also rely on third party stuff, like RE 2 Remake.

Jeez

Well yes, Nintendo cant rely on third parties so they need to do more. That's just the way it is. If they want to keep releasing consoles, then they need to compete with Sony and MS on the games front. Nintendo hasn't had an explosion of games at E3 since like 2010. Lately they seem to focus on one title mostly every E3. Im sure Smash fans were very happy, but not every Nintendo fan enjoy the exact same things. Of the three days of the Tree House, they showed off Smash like 50% of the time. At least show us some more indies to change things up a bit.

I think it was the 6-9 month rule that needs to be removed. I think at e3 it is okay for them to show games that will come out in the next 2 -3 years. Give us a short trailer and people would be hyped. Even the logo/title

Pocky Lover Boy! 

for the most part, their regular directs earlier and later in the year are usually better than their E3 showings

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Well, the same could be said for all of the big 3, everyone doesn't have a good year every year. But in the case of how Nintendo is approaching E3, I think it's a fair premise. The older I get, the more I care about games being released soon. I can't get hyped over games releasing 4 and 5 years from the first time it was shown. KH3, Spiderman, etc. like how many times can we show these things at E3 and get excited about them? I'm so over that.

Show me the games that are coming soon. Since Nintendo adopted the Direct format, they can have E3 at any time of the year and I'd rather that then 1 big blowout during the year. It's better for Nintendo's mindshare and overall better for fans.

Jranation said:
I think it was the 6-9 month rule that needs to be removed. I think at e3 it is okay for them to show games that will come out in the next 2 -3 years. Give us a short trailer and people would be hyped. Even the logo/title

No thank you. Nintendo has changed the mid-2000s culture that involved announcing a new game years in advance and other companies are just now following suit. 

Their biggest problem this year was just a lack of announcements, even though we know they have more to announce. We got one new first-party announcement, three third-parties and two new indie titles. They could have at least given their upcoming 3DS titles some time but instead it seems like they’re going to wait to do another Direct again. It should come pretty soon since the last major 3DS release is slated for August 3rd.